new moon

New Year, New You!

2014 is here! Seems like a month ago and all the highlights of my 2013 have unfolded my very eyes.

2013 was such a bittersweet year for me. I’ve been through a lot of depressing moments, moments that defined my idea of faith and hope. Middle of the year was the most challenging period for me; I went through the black hole of my emotions and was wiggling my way out. Thank God I survived.

2014 is a breath of fresh air, I do not wish to continue the series of roller coaster events that I’ve gone through in 2013. I am hoping for a brighter year ahead of me, when self-consciousness and negative ideas do not cross my mind as often as it did.

I would love to believe that when I close a door, a number of windows would open up for me. I am defining my 2014 as something light and joyous. Gone are the days when I would worry too much about what I will become or how I will live. I’m taking it easy. In fact my mantra would be to work less and play more. Time is our most limited resource.

Love. As big as the word and as deep as the emotions attached, I will be on neutral ground to it. Seriously, I’ve been in a position where I became preoccupied with future relationships. You know, when someone presents himself to you, you’d think how serious could this guy be? I would then imagine myself with him, if I am ready to be attached or if I am going to be happy with the choice. I want that thought gone. As much as I am just being my sceptical self, I want to just go with it. I plan to, once and for all, lose control, lose myself in the process of making friends and being into relationships. People should not pressure me. I shall not let them.

I intend to travel more. There’s just beauty in learning something when you see it. It gives me the deeper understanding of life and various cultures. I am no geographic-channel-correspondent or a WFP-ambasador-type of tourist, but I love how awe and wonder struck me the moment I step into an unfamiliar territory. I love that I get to have the chance to follow where my feet lead me.

I would love to meet new people and make new friends. I feel that I am enveloping myself to same people for the longest time and I have not really made an effort to know new ones and be interested beyond words to know them deeply. I would love to talk about trips and history, science and fiction. I became too stiff with myself, It’s time to let go and just be the gregarious girl I once was.


2014 offers a lot of possibilities really. I will be turning twenty seven sexy ass! I don’t know, I really still feel like I am twenty four, it’s like my brain is refusing to commit to late twenties. My mom had me when she was this age, and me?? Well… Uhm… no more buts, ifs, maybes… I shall lose myself in the process of finding love, shouldn’t I? eeekkk. (forgive too much romantic ideas)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend