appreciation post: the heroes

When I look at them, I dream about my own.

So I was hanging out with my parents and we went to Bukidnon on a whim.
That’s about 4 hours or so, drive from Davao City. I knew Bukidnon is something but never really thought it's something mesmerizing (excuse me as I seem to have a bad hangover about it and I need to post a separate entry for that later :D)

While there, my mom called up her friend and notified her that we are on the way.
Surprised, the friend (who was attending a wedding, btw) hurried home to accommodate us.
I felt embarrassed that we went there unannounced but my mom told me it’s okay.

Their friendship goes a long way back from before my conception and they were roomies.
They shared everything, been through all the pains and sacrifices of working while studying.
They witnessed each other’s love stories and teased each other way, way back.

Then we arrived at their house and they welcomed us with warmth and excitement.
(It reminds me so much of when my friends and I meet after not seeing each other for 2 days. Haha)
My parents were very much at home and they start reminiscing the days.

I was sitting on a single settee nearby while they were chatting about the good old days in the main living room. I was quietly observing their exchange and seeing them, I was completely amused.
 
Time and distance may have separated them but their memories are rock solid.
They laugh and giggle as if they were in that same era. (teenagers? haha)
Then they shared about their hurdles while their kids are growing up and how busy they were to provide for a better life…

It shook me, when I grow older…
I wanted to be just like them.
The selflessness, the perseverance, the team they have built to make their children’s dreams come true.
There’s this unexplainable joy in seeing them happy and contented of the life they led.

It makes me feel proud of them.
And I wanted to sincerely tell them,
Congratulations! You have succeeded well in life!

I can’t stop but think about my own.
Will I be as selfless as them?
Will my partner and I be as focused as them?
Will my partner and I have the same look of satisfaction on our faces when we remember the days?


I can only hope and pray.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend