Foot prints


I have to admit that solo traveling is a bit challenging for me. Previously, when i travel and look back i began to think about how wonderful it is to finally see sights with someone. I daydream about how fulfilling it is to experience new places with someone special. That thought deepens with me feeling a bit lonely in the end. However, being here in cebu alone made me compare my thoughts. I still daydream about having somebody but more likely, i get to contemplate about being fulfilled as it is. The fact that you can travel, is alone a milestone. How many of us would want to travel regardless of conditions. I heard friends saying, i am okay with anything as long as i can travel. Or friends saying, "may paka sige kag travel, if naa lang ko money, i will travel, bahala dira".

Back then, i feel pride that i get to travel but when i'm at a place, the loneliness creeps its way. When i came home for good, i realized how special it was to travel. Travel because i wanted to, travel because i can easily do so.

As my means to travel decreases, my gratitude towards having the opportunity to do so previously catapulted into magnanimous appreciation.

I appreciated more that i experienced that in my 20s. I appreciated more that i was given the chance. I appreciated my family for always supporting me. I appreciated my friends for cheering me up. I appreciated myself for letting it happen. Just these little things combined together makes a great impact for who i am and what i am capable of.

In my nothingness now, i saw the bigger picture of things. In my nothingness, i am motivated to leap even higher.

Through this, i am able to reaffirm how powerful our self love should be. When we love ourselves, we are fine playing by ourselves. We became kinder to ourselves and not beat our minds trying to change who we are just to conform.

When i travel, i learn to value how great of a duty my self-preservation is. I am not easily swayed by wealth or smooth talks. I defy people who unabashedly display their worth based on the goods they wear or the money they purport to have. The True essence of a being always comes from the basics. How pure our soul is, how positive our mindset is, these are the wealth that make us more valuable.


As i travel now, i am deeply humbled. I am not in it to look for something or someone i don't have or yet. I am in it, as a being. PRESENT. LIVING IN THE MOMENT. I walk the face of the earth and put my mark, no matter how futile to leave these marks, i did it anyway. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend