new chance

Few days ago my cousin opened up about lacking of work, I was earnestly listening.

She told me, “I am over age, it’s so hard to find a job”

I truly understand what she meant and it brought me into thinking how I can possibly help.  Her predicament is one of the many factors why OFWs try their hardest to stick around overseas, some unfortunately, despite the mistreatment.

It drowned me to a thought about having youth as a major capital in the work force. But what happens when you quit from one job to transfer to another? What happens when you decide to change the course of your life after 30s? Only a few can because most companies never hire experienced staff for the entry-level jobs.

I remembered my former colleague who was 45 and told me how he wanted to change companies but can’t do so for fear of companies not hiring him. He said he will only resign when he’s hired by another company. He decides to stick around to the company since he was 20.

I am brought to a halt. Surely, working in the company isn’t the only choice. People can reinvent themselves to be their own boss, right?

I had a Eureka moment right there, I need to be successful in my own league to employ people whose chances are wearing thin, or so they thought.

Pondering on what to say, I managed to share my situation as well.

Being an OFW for several years gave me a comfortable life abroad. When I went home, I anticipated my lifestyle change. My savings were spent mostly on bills and necessities. I stopped shopping. I stopped myself from traveling because it will bleed me dry. I had all the time to myself to think of better ways to generate income.

Coming home was one decision that was never easy but it was essential. I didn’t want to regret not spending time with my family. I didn’t want to regret not having a break to sort some things in my life. Therefore, as my time is a great resource, I thought of more productive things to do with it.

My goal now comes to this ---- I want to create opportunities for people. I want to be the one that gives chances, to give a source of income to those whose capabilities are limited by age.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend