wobbly

Fearless.

I could be crazy for thinking about jumping without a harness again.

So I told my closest friends about my plan to just quit my job and look for another one. The idea is simple as waiting to be hired first by another company before I submit my resignation letter, no problem. But here’s the thing, I could no longer wait.

I feel as though I’ve waited long enough to finally reach my decision of bailing out from this company. Believe me, it is never easy. Coming up to this decision is something that I avoided so many times and even brought me to the point of depression.

I am a sentimentalist. I value memories, I value friendship, I value time that I spent keeping up with something/ someone. A shirt for example, would mean so much to me, for various reasons such as it was given to me when I was 12, it was the first shirt that I received after graduation, the day that it was given was the first day of my menstruation… the list goes on, every minute detail, I remember it. I am that. I take so many memories out of an ordinary thing so when someone tells me to dispose it, I really do not have the heart to give it away.

This job, is my first here in Singapore, my second in my lifetime. I am a loyal employee. I value the opportunity and trust given to me, so there’s no way I’d be persuaded to jump off the ship without much thinking. I am a fan of togetherness. I stick around. I always do.

But really, for some major reason, I’ve been dissuaded to continue. I just feel like I am too rushed, too pumped up, too pressured and if this shall go on, I’m going to explode. I hate to think about it but I am nearing the peak.  

Practicality demands for me to stay but what if happiness becomes at stake? You know that moment when money becomes the reason to persevere, it makes me live but makes me miserable as well. For what good is keeping up something when it doesn’t make you feel alive? For what good is enduring when you know you’re never going anywhere?

For now, I certainly feel like it is the best time for me to move forward. I know it’s impractical, irrational, irresponsible or perhaps, suicidal, but really, what’s there to fear when I have overcome so many already?

2014 is a year to be fearless. I’ve been through a lot of dramas in the past; I’ve always been on my toes,

gearing up the battle head on, and yes, almost always lonesome. No matter how wobbly my knees or how cold my palms are, or how my mind killed me so deeply that I always succumb to feeling helpless, I always get on my feet, standing my ground, showing as though no one will scare the hell lot of me. I am strong at least I believe I am. Now, it’s showtime!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend