dream home

Privacy.

Davao will always be my home. Even though, ironically, I don’t have a room at our house anymore, why, my mum made a storage room out of my old room. Seriously?! It saddens me that I don’t have a private lair anymore.

I used to hang out in my room (when I don’t feel like going out or when I am in a major saving up for a trip) back then. I have this mini-component with dynamic bass sound installed, I have my TV and what I love most was my desk inside my room. Why desk? Because I get to brainstorm while sitting. I’d drew illustrations, I’d write poems, I’d daydream. And when I study, I can’t be lying in bed or else, I’d never even start to read at all. Hehe

My fondest and most enjoyable memories would include switching off the lights and listening to my favourite jazz and bossa mix-ups while sipping on my iced tea. I’m weird that way. I’d spent nights doing the same thing and I’d wake up really happy the following day. And while I get ready for work, my BG song would always be Rihanna’s Disturbia! It perks me up more that coffee does. Talk about little secrets.

Growing up, I’m not really used to staying in my room most of the times. I’m not like most of my classmates that when I phone them and their mums would answer they’d say, “naa sa iyang kwarto, kadali lang tawagun nako”. Subconsciously, my mum never allowed me to stay in my room throughout the day. I can only relish the privacy during nighttime. Haha

Someday and wishfully soon, I hope to build my own house, have my own private lair. I’d imagine it to be youthful, practical and homey, something extraordinarily ordinary. I don’t care if it’s grand but as long as it’s mine.

When I daydream about it, I really get to be so excited. I want it in a favourable neighbourhood… peaceful, safe and secured. If lot area would be small, then a 2-storey house would be nice. I want to have a wooden stairs that would enable me to see the first floor from upstairs. Mediterranean style with spacious corners. I’d paint it as earthly as possible. I’d want a home that would be empty of so many memorabilia. (Although I’d doubt that) I would want to have a mini garden of veggies more than an artistically landscaped lawn.

Ahh.. Thinking this would make my heartbeat really fast. I don’t need a realization of my ideal, grand and top of the art dream house, I’d just want the realization of my humble, practical, convenient and comfortable home.


And you’d ask me, where it would be? Without doubt, Davao is still the place to be. J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend