Te Amo Self

Why do I write only when I am feeling something out of the ordinary?

Forgive me for adding noise to the already loud world.

Perhaps having your birthday in days’ time always provokes you into thinking some things about your life. Which by the way, I have been successful at evading until now.

Now that I am about to be shucks…29! *cough* I feel that I need to recreate in my life in such a way that it would be pleasing to my ears, to my heart and especially to my soul.

Believe it or not, I feel that some of my life goals are put on hold because I kept on waiting for it. I ALWAYS wait. I feel guilty to leave things behind so I tend to always come back to where it started. I’m talking in riddles, yes?

I am in Singapore yet my mind goes back to the Philippines. I miss everything about home except traffic, heat, exhaustion and slow government agencies. It’s like having my best foot two steps ahead of the other so I sometimes lose balance.

My sister asked me, “what’s your plan?” and again, my mind flashed RED. I am dreading this question because every time, I’d look stupid for trying to answer as confidently as possible.

“I don’t know.” I replied. There I said it and again, I know I sounded dumb.

Five years in retrospect, I had my life in black in white. A twinkle in my eyes appears as I look far ahead. “I will have this, have that, be this, and be that.”  And true to my words, some of the “I have this or that” has been achieved. The “I’m gonna be this or that” well, It’s safe to say that I’m still in transit. I am in the process, a series of elliptical appears.

Alongside the goals in life, is the personality that I am honing myself into. Tough times taught me to keep calm but it did not save me from feeling sorry for myself once in awhile.
While I try to remain strong in challenges, I also feel just exhausted to keep trying to win. I could’ve said “F*ck it, I’m going home” but where is home?

Home is the people that have your back, but more so, it is thy SELF.


Yes, home is what makes you rest, keep you in peace and it starts within you.
Home… is knowing that no storm or earthquake can ever break you. Home is keeping focused despite the noise around you. Home is feeling safe despite the threats that surround you. And to be able to achieve that, the calmness, security and solid foundation should be rooted within you.

I choose to refuse listening to people who only notice my flaws and what I completely lack. I choose to refuse being the subject and eventually the medium to negativity.
I choose to be steadfast. To know what I got and believe that I got it better.

At 29, I don’t want to pretend in anything I’m not. I owe it to myself to be honest to how I feel, what I think and what I believe and to take responsibility for it. I don’t want to give up what I think is right so I can fit in. I’m done with it. I’ve been very considerate to the point of self-destruction. I cannot hinder my growth by sabotaging my happiness.

I want to be someone who knows herself damn well.


I am extraordinarily driven to do the things necessary for growth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend