in this Christmas

What a month had been!

Time flies so fast that the moment I tuck myself in for sleep, I woke up and it’s almost Christmas.

While I try to control myself not to feel too excited about going home. Which by the way is a first in five years—for Christmas!

I read a Facebook status days ago about being joyous this Christmas but at the same time being mindful of others who are not excited as we are in this Holiday Season. Then I thought to myself, “are there people who are not as excited?”
I remembered, not everyone has the same situation. For some, they must’ve felt the loss, the disappointment, the depression and all hell breaks loose kind of stuff. For some, they simply are away from their family and must’ve felt the pang of pain or guilt by not being with them.

I remembered my past Christmases and how last year’s Christmas almost brought me to celebrating solo.
Imagine yourself walking along a crowded street, with people all cheers and friends all smiles. Family strolling around and kids just running around with their new toys in their hands. And you? Well, trying your best to be okay when truth is, you’re just an inch away from breaking down.

And how about the Noche Buena? The chatting in the sala while munching snacks waiting for midnight?
You’d find yourself locked in your bedroom ‘cause your housemates have gone home and mumble to yourself that it’s just a day, and tomorrow’s (25th) just gonna be a sleeping day. How lonely!

But believe me, last year, I have thought about the same exact scenario. I couldn’t help but feel sorry for myself for being alone.

While it’s nobody’s fault, sometimes, things just don’t fall according to your plans.

This year, I made a brave move to ask my boss early on to allow me for a Christmas break since I haven’t been home for Christmas in 5 consecutive years and I couldn’t be any more excited!

I am wrapping up this year with all the positivity that I could muster.

Christmas is the time when we look back and appreciate how far we’ve come.

Whether solo or with people, Amidst the hustle and bustle of the holiday spirit, Christmas is still the day we commemorate the birth of our Lord Almighty. And while we keep ourselves busy pouring in some wine or dashing to find the perfect gift, this is Jesus birthday and we should not forget to give thanks to him. Always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend