Single Fin

As I’m writing this I am stationed in a balcony by the majestical cliffs of Uluwatu,  that boasts stunning views of one of surfing’s spiritual homes, and comes alive as the sun sinks into the Indian Ocean.

I hummed into the faint music from good old radio while sipping in my watermelon pure juice. (I could’ve opted for a beer, anytime any day but chose not to since I am on my meds and no alcohols are allowed for me for now. )
The good thing about this place is you get to drown yourself in the amazing view and at the same time enjoy gastronomic delights without bleeding your pocket dry.



It’s past lunch time and people are starting to come in, slowly the music was drowned by laughter and voices of people speaking with a twang. It makes you feel good, I almost just beamed with smile at random strangers. (Then I thought, Oh dear! Maybe I’ll look like a psycho.)

The beauty that surrounds me is just too magnificent that the best lens to use to capture is still my set of eyes and store it in no greater memory card than my memory bank.

I settled myself near the rail and sat on a high chair with my concoction in hand.
“This is life!” I said to myself.

Below me are few other balconies and right across me are the relaxing chunks of cotton candy A.K.A. clouds.
The sun is glaring at me but I’ve never been this fan of the mighty sun until now. It works magically on my break-hungry soul. I feel relaxed just lounging and satisfying my eyes to the beauty that unfolds me.

I arranged this trip for the sole purpose of relaxation. When life gets tough, the tough gets going, they say, and taking a break every once in a while is what propels me as a tough cookie. I asked my driver to give me at least 2 hours to experience Single Fin and off we go to our next destination and he obliged. I was happy.

What seemed to be 2 hrs ended in almost 4 hours.




I was so captivated that I thought, I really can stay there for a whole day and just chill. It is such a shame that I could not witness the sunset since I need to gear up to my next location but even so, just lounging there and emptying my mind by taking in all what Single fin has to offer, I was completely satisfied. Perhaps, witnessing the sunset was just a bonus.

But then again, like all the trips I’ve been to, there’s no need to fret, it just gives me a reason to come back!

Oh by the way, I write this, I am transported back to the place and felt like I am typing from the same bird’s eye view balcony. Relieving the memories is just secondary to being there again.


I love you, Single Fin!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend