confexxions

Dear other self,

I have browsed my “ON THIS DAY” page today and there’s this one post to my timeline that struck me like a bullet.

Yeah, you could’ve guessed it. Easy.

I felt a bit overwhelmed and I kinda feel the longing? The sadness? Just the melancholy that crept my heart. I know, I have no right to feel those, but I am being honest to say about how I feel, is that so wrong?

I did not dare check his profile but I did see a glimpse of his profile video.
He looked so happy, contented and excited.
Obviously far from the angry, dissatisfied and indifferent guy that I once knew.

Today for the first time in years, I wanted to add him back as a friend.
Perhaps for old time’s sake?

But who am I kidding? I am really not the type and I don’t trust myself either as I am into
The emo side these days.
Alright, I have to concede that seven years ago, I really wanted to meet him.

One time I rode the MRT and thought that I saw him. Among the million people in Manila, I saw him!
I almost jumped out of the MRT when he alighted, to chase him as if to confirm if it was indeed him.
But I was thinking, I was seated just across him. He would’ve seen me and it would be impossible for him to ignore me just like that. I know him better than that.

Then a year ago, when I came home, my good friend told me that he was home too.
I don’t know, I suddenly felt my hands clammy and cold-wet. If we saw each other, it would be the first time in a decade? How would I react?

But then again, I don’t trust myself.
I hate looking pathetic!

I believe that the most effective way to completely forget and let go is not seeing that someone forever. Or at least not yet when I’m still unattached? Haha. I don’t know. It isn’t right.

To say that I am happy for him and the life that he’s living now is the truth.
I mean, there’s no taste of bitterness in my mouth in knowing that he finally was able to live happily.
Back then, I knew quite a bit of his pains and I wouldn’t wish anything bad for him.

For myself though, I think I am overreacting.
Or was this the “first love never dies” kind of thing?

I don’t know.

Other times, I am completely done with these lingering feeling.
But in some days, it is very vivid, like a giant just woken up from its sleep.

My other self, I pray for your happiness.

Girl, There’s nothing I’d wish for you but for your love to blossom in God’s most amazing time.
Perfectly. Candidly. Warmly.


Believe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend