new school

I am currently enrolled in a Canadian College taking up three subjects for one term. I feel happy to finally put myself out there and get another degree. There are differences in the levels of learning but perhaps this is due to the circumstances that I am in.

First, with COVID-19, I am taking up asynchronous courses. These courses are not "real-time" and it is quite advantageous for me since I have a job to keep plus the time zone has a big time variance. 

Second, I noticed that the manner of course deliverance is "independent" meaning, students are expected to do everything by themselves. If they have questions, then that's the only time they ask for assistance. unlike our local college, where every instruction is supervised, professors in my Canadian College only asks for the output. It depends on the student whether they reach out to the professor or not because professors would not check out on you every time.

Third, I noticed that with online education, colleges are so conscious about plagiarism. Every essay requires a "turnitin" system whereby the essay is checked thoroughly for copy-paste issues or even ideas which are similar and un-cited are marked. With this strict plagiarism rule, students are required to cite everything, no matter how little the idea is, even if it's your own work.

Lastly, I noticed that students are making every effort in class. There's no competition other than oneself. Every student is responsible for his/her own grade, so everyone does their best to submit on time.

While I already graduated from a local university, it made me remember my efforts back then because I am doing exactly the same, if not more, now. The method of learning is different but my being a student is the same. I am giving my best efforts, doing my best in every single essay or quiz there is because studying in Canada is so damn expensive! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend