Forums

I admit I am a fan of Reddit.

It takes me back to a time when forums were the first form of social media interaction. If truth be told, I was once a member of Sarah Geronimo’s fan forum. LOL. No kidding! Yes, I did that.

The forums are interesting. It feels like a community of people sharing information, getting answers to their questions, or just people broadcasting their admiration for something or someone, somewhere.

Anyway, so I am not a regular commenter on Reddit. I am more of the silent lurker type. However, last night I had the burning curiosity to type in a question. It was a wholesome inquiry into places here in Vancouver.

Being new here with limited transportation options, I have not been to many local places. I wanted to explore this city and get the most out of it. I do not want to be a tourist even after years of living here. I wanted to know the inside information, somewhat like the local guide to sumptuous meals, hole-in-the-wall places, etc. I was surprised to have received so many comments. There were so many places I have never even heard of.

Most comments were mentioning dining alone and taking a spot in the bar. I was curious. I have never taken a spot in the bar, much more, alone. It made me think about doing it. I have read somewhere about the importance of challenging oneself and taking on things you thought would be uncomfortable, and I think I just got the lead!

Let’s see how it goes, for now, I have to say, I am taking notes on these places hoping to visit some of them in the nearest future!

Forums, are they helpful? Well, I’d say depends on what you put there!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend