Good Morning Alexa

Imagine starting your day with a bright, "Good morning!" to Alexa, and she promptly kicks off with the latest barrage of world news, all gloom and doom. The war in Ukraine, Israel-Hamas tensions, and a host of other not-so-happy headlines – it's like the news has a subscription to negativity, right?

Let's talk about habits for a moment. They're like these sneaky little routines we do without even thinking. In my case, my morning news ritual was turning me into a pessimist before I'd even had my coffee. Instead of feeling ready to conquer the day, it felt like I was diving headfirst into a sea of worries. 🌊

I mean, who could blame me? When every headline screams chaos and conflict, it's tough not to feel anxious. The constant exposure to bad news had turned me into a professional skeptic – I couldn't trust anyone's intentions, and my view of the world had been thoroughly muddied.

So, I asked myself, "Why don't news outlets ever focus on the good stuff?" 🤔 Why is it always about the shocking, the grim, and the jaw-droppingly bad? Why don't they have a "Feel-Good Friday" segment? Seriously, that'd be awesome!

The world's become a noisy place, hasn't it? Bad news comes at you from all angles – TV, radio, the internet, even social media. You're just scrolling through your Instagram, looking for some relaxation, and suddenly, there's a war clip! It's like "Survival of the Fittest" has morphed into "Survival of the Mentally Strongest." We're tackling our own problems while carrying the weight of the world's issues. Not exactly motivating, is it?

Sometimes, I'd sit during my daily commute, gazing out the window, and all I'd see was injustice, weariness, and hardship. It made me wonder if life was nothing more than an endless grind, a relentless struggle driven by the fear of unpaid bills. 😟

But then it hit me – the negativity from my daily news diet had quietly crept in and consumed my outlook on life. I'd become a willing victim of "media-washing" (if that's even a thing!).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should bury our heads in the sand. It's essential to stay informed, but the balance is key. Let's make room for some positivity amid all the gloom. There's got to be some good news out there, right?

So, next time I greet Alexa with a chipper "Good morning," I'm going to cut her off and ask for some uplifting tunes instead. 🎶 Because who couldn't use a little extra positivity to start the day? 😄

Stay tuned as I embark on a quest for a brighter, more balanced start to my mornings. Let's bring some sunshine into our daily routines! 🌈✨


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend