reality bites

Real World…

Two words I often hear my classmates blabbering about during philo, theo or practicum time during my university years. And then came my inquisitive side, “so these people seriously think there is such a world as a fake world?”. They keep on insisting that in the real world, things are harsher, even miserable. problematic. Ah! very negative, ayt?

Speaking of this world, It is where I am rite now. So here I am constantly contemplating about the biggest issue of my life. (What else but lovelife? nyahaha.. kidding!) HAPPINESS!

On a more serious note, It’s not that, I am totally unhappy of how things are but given some options, i think I’d be happier. Boohoo. This is what they call discontentment I know, but can I be blamed for something I truly feel? I daresay not. It’s being real. Opening Myself.

Anyways, I don’t know what happened but I think some things are losing its luster. It’s boring me. I feel I’m better off with something more active, something more outdoor. Just like my so-called “personality”. I feel that the impact of what i used to like went beyond ground zero. Too bad. It’s scary.

Then here comes the real deal, something unexpected happened. It affected me so much that everyday seems to be a struggle. Because of it, I often caught myself thinking of possibiities, going out of my way, exploring options, getting away from the rat race. I’m getting tired. Is this how things are supposed to be? Nah! At twenty one, I think there’s more to my life.

But then, it’s been only, what, five months and I don’t know. Well maybe, it’s just that I’m still adjusting. Imagine, school has been too pampering. Too comfortable despite the killer sched. (And Yes! People are way hotter. Haha)

By the looks of it, I later realized, what the real world is all about. I may not have seen the whole of it, but I get to experience part and parcel of what it’s like.

Compared to schooling, I think it’s not as if we’ve never been lived the real world, I think it’s more of living the youthful side. There are concerns but these concerns are lighter than what’s in store after leaving school. Problems seem to be lighter ’cause, you know things will get better. And more importantly, your individuality is intact (as long as you choose it to be). Ahh!

So confused. I need to find my way back home. Amidst the superficiality and miseries of the real world, my heaven is somewhere in between. =)
(Perhaps, somewhere with U!)

(don’t ask me ’bout this. I can’t answer you. Can’t take even a question that’ll not lead to broader confusion)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend