dorebom

Guess what?

I missed Manila. I missed how the malls raise their "come-ons" and places to go are a plenty. I missed how I seem to forget all my worries behind and just enjoy the sights. And yes, that would include yummy guys. lol

I went to Manila last week. I stayed at a friend's house and had the best of time. I went to a couple of malls and almost did my autograph signing. I went to ride MRT, realizing, I still choose working in SG over working in Manila. I went to ride taxis, and was delighted to know that not all taxis are calibrated to 40php flag down. Savings much eh?

Of course, I also tried riding in a bus. Funny how I felt really nervous sitting beside a tattooed- weirdo girl, chewing some bubble gum almost looking as if a gang member. In my mind, "Girl, you gotta be kidding me, I'm a big bully than you are! Regards to Rugby Girls batch 90!" lol. And then the bus stopped, the images of the bombing flashed my mind, Oh God, please not me. Not now. Not ever. Then I whispered my prayers.

And as if on cue, a guy wearing a printed pants with bamboo shirt sat beside me. He has a huge gym bag with a bank logo in its front. L and I were talking and when we got silent...

Him: "Miss, saan nanggaling 'tong bus?"

Me: "MOA" with a snobbish twist. I scanned his look with my peripheral vision and found him "just within the boundary", the thought made me smile.

He started talking to me, and I was hesitant.

Him:"Taga saan ka?"

I kept silent, for awhile I was thinking whether to talk to him or not, mahirap na. Then he continued, "taga Mindanao ba?, Narinig ko kayo nagsasalita, bisaya? May Iligan sa usapan" that got me. eavesdropper ba?

Me:"Oo"

Him:"san sa Mindanao?"
Me:"Cotabato". I was intensely looking at his expression, challenging him to try a different connotation but he was hiding it very well. I elbowed L as if trying to tell her, "Help me" (because L is from Cotabato... I was half-lying cause I was with L and she's really from Cot right?)

Him:"estudyante?" and in my mind, Wow! Do I look super young? Kolehiyala ang drama?
Me:"hindi na"
Him:"graduate ka na?"
Me: "Oo."
Him:"So may trabaho?"
Me:"Oo"
Him: "san naman?" I opted not to answer. I was really thinking how to get through the conversation without sharing much. I kept silent. He continued, "Ah...MODEL KA BA?"

And wow! Next thing I knew, I said, "talaga?" with blinking-winking eyes, immitating a baby's "beautiful eyes" I was talking to him quite deliberately. Lol. kidding.

Anyway, the ride was like 2 hours. Very slow, traffic, crowded. The guy sitting beside me was uber friendly, as in like, telling me stuffs, ordinary people do not share to strangers that easily. Anita looked behind and saw the guy talking to me, mouthing words "Sino yan?" I mouthed, "My valentino!" lol

Good times. I cannot forget that guy. I felt I was kinda rude for being passive. I think he's such a good guy. When the guy dropped off somewhere he said "bye, nice to meet you!" and I smiled. Later on, L told me he has a police badge on his bag. I said, How come I saw a side mirror? The reason why I did not talk interestingly with him was that, at the back of my mind, I thought he was a car..napper? lol. nah! I was just being defensive.

Anyway, the travel to eastwood was worth it, Hello cutieeeeSSS! plus Manang treated me to dinner! real nice!

See you next time Manila baby! :)))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend