Single ladies are lesbians, aren't they?


No Husband, No BF… lesbian agad?!

Kaloka!

I’ve been introduced to a Filipino- Chinese boss of a Sister company. Although, I was suspecting he’s Filipino, he made sure I erased all my doubts as he spoke Mandarin very well. The only thing that kept me puzzled was his Filipino looks, very common, somehow, NATIVE.

Anyway, from there on, I receive emails always with a “Mabuhay!” greeting. Funny but I am not used to using that term, I don’t even know how to translate it in exact English, as my boss was nosy and asked me what it meant. I could’ve joked it meant, “I love you” only that, I am dealing with my boss in a more professional way. (Meaning, no unnecessary remarks, weird jokes and stuffs from my personal self. Professional me is different than the household me. LOL)

I assume the FC Boss have known that I am Filipino from my boss. And from what I know my boss doesn’t know that FC Boss is Filipino too. I told him he is, but he absolutely said, FC Boss is Chinese. I didn’t argue. But in my mind, “heller boss, we talked over the phone in parts tagalog and I’ve know he’s from Batangas”

FC Boss called me up yesterday, I was expecting his call since I was confused by their shipment and was asking for an explanation.

HIM: Mabuhay! How are you? How have you been doing?
ME: Am okay, thanks. How about you? (politeness is a virtue)
HIM: am good. You going back to our homeland?
ME: Oh yeah, yeah.
HIM: When? I am going back too, When’s your flight?
ME: maybe September?
HIM: Me too. 24th, Maybe we can see each other sa airport?
ME: No, I am flying on the 21st.
HIM: oh 23rd
ME: 21st.
HIM: Manila right?
ME: Nope Davao.
HIM: to your husband? Boyfriend?
ME: No husband, no boyfriend whatsoever…
HIM: oh girlfriend?
ME: Huh?!
HIM: oh you’re a lesbian… aww shucks!
ME: what?! No!!

The next thing I knew, he said sorry a couple of times and I didn’t know whether to laugh or be disappointed. Surprised was an understatement. Kaloka talaga si Kuya! It’s so unnerving of him to assume that I am a lesbian only because I am single.

Now I know how it feels sa mga capable guys who don’t have GF/ Wife and be frequently tagged as GAYS and sa mga famous celebs whose not visible with a pair tagged as homos. No offense meant sa ating mga kapatid in the third sex but as for myself, I can die laughing. Kasayang ng egg cells ko! Jusmiyo!

Then somehow, I assessed myself, do I look like it? Are my actions very tomboyish? A good friend who always teases me tells me about my being astig than most guys that’s why I looked masculine to him more than my being a lady. Naisip ko, porke ba’t I act with less finesse lesbian na agad? I don’t need to change myself just to be part of the society’s definition of a girl. It’s too late. It was never an issue to me. I just love being me. I can be funny without being so conscious with my looks. Just like that.

And then I asked a friend, what if I am a lesbian? Will I be able to acknowledge? Am I hiding under my long hair? She just laughed and told me I’m too malandi to be a lesbian, and too fantasizing about boys to be one! LOL. Just a hypothetical question lang naman. Kasi most of the time, we don’t see things in ourselves, while others can. Malay ko diba?

You see, one comment can really provoke me to thinking things, even those that are absurd. But my point here is, just because someone isn’t in a relationship doesn’t mean that he/she’s of the third sex. Di ba pwedeng choosy lang? Or never pa natapos ang process ng frog to prince evolution?

And aminin ko man o hindi, I am taken aback. I mean, assessment/ personality check, I think talaga it’s about time to consider love. I feel so averse to it because I am scared of doing anything for the person and end up rejected. Alam mo yun? It takes a lot for me to love, ‘cause I give everything for that person. Di yung basta basta lang ‘cause I’ll offer him with so much and I am not ready to let it go until I know he feels the same way. Ganun. (and I know it shouldn’t be like that but that’s how I really feel about it)

Plus mahirap bang intindihin na di talaga basta basta pumasok sa isang relationship. Kahit pa marami ang nagpapalipad hangin, nagpapapansin, or the likes, it’s never easy to just agree and give it a go. For me, it’s a serious business ‘cause it’s not everyday I allow people to be part of my life, especially that someone who should know you from head to foot, otherwise, what’s the point?!

Finally, I am happy as it is. And no one has the right to change me just so I can fit to their idea of a person or of a girl much less and as much as I want to laugh about it, its absurdity and epicness, I am so sorry to say, I am not a lesbian and I am aiming to exercise my sexual rights with the opposite sex in the most heavenly way possible (bang!). To say the least, I have been dreaming of it, in a perfect place and perfect time! With all the bahaghari and grapes on the side under clean white sheets with a smell of camomile extracts and rose petals! And when I think about it… oh! Wag na nga lang… haha

(whatever! Yan tuloy, I am provoked to think beyond what is wholesome, basta, in DUE time! Whatever tomboy fever!) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend