old japan


My aunt came back from old Japan she brought with her a paper fan… Still remember that as an ice breaker in class during kindergarten and early Elementary school.

My aunt used to work in Japan and told me that apple trees are just found on the street and that she will take me there one day. My eyes would light in wonder. As a young kid, I can only imagine those apples hanging and easy to reach. I imagined myself grabbing an apple in spontaneity and directly taking a bite from it. Sounds really cool.

My aunt told me, I would see a lot of flashy cars, those two-seater Lamborghinis and Ferraris all over Japan and that there are a lot of interesting automobiles back in there. In my mind, I’d take a picture, every time.

My aunt told me, I’d drown myself in chocolates and grow tired of eating ramen once I go to Japan. I’d have a perfect buffet of maki and sushi and sashimi and all those mouth-watering Japanese food. Seriously?!

Who wouldn’t want to go to Japan? So there… my young mind was filled up with memories of Japan. Memories that were handed to me by my aunt. Not that I went there, but through her stories, I was able to conjure images of the land of the rising sun, as if I was able to visit it myself.

My aunt left me. Unfortunately, she did not keep her promise of bringing me there. Not that I hold her accountable for that broken promise. I understood the situation. I’m perfectly fine about it.

My sister went to Japan and told me stories about it. She told me that what she loved most about it was the sumptuous food. She just loved it and hoped I’ll be able to witness it myself.

Few months… Gaaah! I can’t wait. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend