futre self

To the FUTURE SELF,

After 10 years, what have you become?
Perhaps, you’ve achieved your greatest dream—a happy and healthy family of your own.
How many kids have you got? 4? As per your old preference? I hope so. How’s your cool parents? Your ever stage sister? Hope they are all good.

What am I supposed to write? Of course, it’s best to run down the memory lane…
10 years ago, you were the enthusiastic, adventurous and giddy girl. I can remember the spark in your eyes, the mischievous glitter when we talk about something that interests you. People loved talking to you as you are animated, bold and funny. You look formal on the outside but when people know you more or even as night falls and you’re with your gang; your laughter echoes the room. How green can a green joke be? How naughty can your imagination go? It’s you who remembers better.

Most of the time, you were calm and contained. You don’t get mad easily but when you do, you couldn’t sleep without sharing your thoughts to the person who made you feel that way. You were not really into fights but when provoked; your thoughts are as lethal as a hounding dog. You do acknowledge feeling blue, you do know how lonely life can be but you always look at the brighter side of things. You’ve been single for so long, you longed for someone that suits your personality. The good thing about you is that, you knew your value. You don’t just settle for anyone, even if he offers you more than what you can buy.  I remembered you to be like that.

Who captured your heart? Is it someone I know? Someone from the past? OHMY!! I remembered you shared that “what is life without someone you love?” CORNY!! Seriously? But it’s always nice to have such mushy conversations with you, we’d bash young, overly attached couples and questioned if they last. (sus, magbulag ra japun mo! Haha) Remember? You once shared that “life is truly meaningless if you don’t get who you want ( wow naman!)  but you also contested that if it’s that the case, then there is a good reason for it.”  Fate? Destiny? (andito na naman tayo) Now I am asking you, among the guys that you’ve had your eyes on back then, did your paths met again? Did fate bring you together this time? Hmnnn…

What makes you busy these days? Did you finally set up your dream shop? (car shop? Hardware? What is it again?) Or did you open a Rice store? How many pigs have your got in you pig pen? Farming? Did you go for the karinderia? Or perhaps, did you finish Law school? Earned your masters? I hope that whatever you do now, is what you really wanted to do for long. You told me, Life is too short to live miserably by doing routine jobs out of paying the bills. I couldn’t agree more.

How about your travels? Have you travelled to the USA? Europe? Had your honeymoon in Paris? I admired how you save up for your trips back then. While others are saving up for a Gucci, Prada or Vuitton, you’re there, not saying anything about saving up for Japan. You are mysterious that way. I remembered your stories about Japan, how your eyes lit up whenever we talk about your funny experiences there. So full of life. I missed talking to you.

Did you meet a lot of people? Have you expanded your horizons? You know you got the interpersonal thingy but you just are too lazy to reach out. Have you changed? I hope you did. You will inspire a lot of people if you only learn to open up. You used to tell me that if you like a person, you really like him or her, if not, then you really do not. But what I wanted to say back then was, aren’t there second chances? Aren’t a person worth the getting-to-know-you stage for just say, benefit of the doubt? Sometimes, the candy is not as sweet as it looks. You know that by now, don’t you?

I loved you as you are my one true friend and love you even though distance separated us. You always give me the reason to smile whenever I am blue. Your antics are hilarious and you’re not afraid to look stupid even if you sometimes are. HAHA. Peace out. I still remember my gregarious friend, just light and easy. I hope you haven’t changed to a monster you said you are slowly becoming. (papangit ka nun) It’s not good. I hope to see the same feeling-HS-girl in you.

10 years have gone by, time is indeed so fast. When you look back, I hope you looked back with a full heart. A life of no, if not, less regrets. I hope as you go through life, you will always remember the fun memories we made together. Those memories fuel up life as it should be. I’m telling you, I lived for those memories, I can never bring back those fun and sad times, but experiencing it one time is more than enough to last me a lifetime. I’m glad I’ve known you.

As we go through life, may the zest and bliss we feel expand to inspire others as well. Who says, we’re too old for dreams? I do know you’ve got so many dreams pending for coming true, I hope they do, one day.  We don’t give up, do we? We chase our dreams countless of times and when it does not fall into place, we just let it run through the limbo to give space for new dreams. We recycle dreams. We just don’t surrender just like that. We are fighters that way.

Finally, I hope to bump into you one day and realize how gorgeous you are, not by the fancy clothes you wear or the makeup you finally applied ( I know you aren’t the makeup type), not by the vanity of a sophisticated 30 something but the glow of a happy, fulfilled and wonderful woman.

P.S. meet me when you finally made your first million, if you already did, then let’s have drinks sometime, of course, it’s on you! J

Love,
Your OLD SELF.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend