empire state of mind

I think I already figured it out.

All the while I was confused what it meant to have “empire state of mind”.
Was it just being in New York and feeling like a true-blue new Yorker? Was it the exhilarating of being on top? Or does it go beyond that?

Walking on the streets of New York, felt like walking on cloud nine. I know it sounds OA for some, but for me, every travel is a dream come true.

New York is a city with far too many colors--- The place, the culture and the people.

I’ve spent days just wandering around (and by wandering, I meant by feet).
I’ve been to random streets and realize that I am just few blocks from Serendipity. (I love that movie anyway)
I have been lost, to the point of desperately searching for a wifi hotspot so I can check MAPS. (and some MAPS take you further from your destination). I have alighted in a wrong station (nevermind, let’s do this).
I have learned that 1 Mile is 1.61 kilometres and not 10,000, by heart. (thanks Auntie for driving)

I originally planned on jogging around Central park (foolish me, it’s 778 acres!) so I gave up the thought and opted to ride a bike instead (which btw is more convenient but less…errr…pocket friendly). I didn’t have a penchant for burgers and fries but lo and behold, I forgot rules when I ordered Shackburger and Coffee fair shake from Shake Shack. I have eaten at least 3 Shackshack meals. (when in fact, I was thinking skipping fastfood and trying out local stuff, ain’t no local until it’shakeshack, so I learned.) I have been to Bryant Park and just loved how relaxing it is to be in a park surrounded by a busy metropolis (honestly, it’s heaven!). I loved people-watching as I bought grapes on my way to the Flatiron bldg. and ate it on a bench across it (in awe of the beauty that surrounds me)

I have rode the ferry to Staten island (it’s free!) and took a photo with Ms. Liberty. (remembered that one pic I saw on FB with liberty on swim suit, but no, she’s as decent as ever) I have watched a broadway for the first time (and not slept while watching! Achievement unlocked!). I have reached the Empire state building and in ordinary days, its light is white (but I felt like it was gold that time, ‘cause I was soooo there!)

Needless to say, I have made so many good memories that I’m sure I’ll treasure forever but one thing that stood out is the fact that I was there with my sister!

As always, I am humbled that someone like me is able to pursue her dreams. I am grateful that I was able to materialize a fantasy with a bonus of being with the closest people in my life.

Empire state of mind is a feeling that you are indispensable. It is the feeling that everything is possible--- that you make your own rules, do your own stuff and shine like you are born to. Dreams, no matter how far, is possible.



Look at mine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend