my horrible boss

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have an announcement to make:
“I have tendered my resignation. “

Excuse me as I grew silent and seemingly frozen in a corner of the office.
My mouth wanted to ask so many questions as it is so sudden and unexpected but my mind cannot process my thoughts neatly. I stayed shut.

She then said “ My last day would be 1 month from now.”

The room feel so stuffed all of the sudden. The air is dry and the music that has been playing since morning seemed to be mute. I did not hear anything aside from the word “resign”

I like this boss.
She backed me up a couple of times, listened to me in my faintest voice. Encouraged me, almost in days that I want to give up.

SHE is a FAVOURITE.

All I can remember is her being kind to me. When people spoke Chinese, she would always translate it for me so I can join conversations. Sometimes, I get so immersed with my duties that I forget that there are people around me, and she’d call my name perhaps telling me to “take it slow” as others are just having chitchats.

At times when I make mistakes, she’d consider my reason and even tells me that she’s got it. I don’t have to explain to bits ‘cause I know that she truly got it from there on. Reliable, I say.

When she goes overseas, she’ll message me and ask me if I want her to get anything for me. And usually, I’d say NO. Come Monday, I got a customized passport cover from Bangkok, an essence from Seoul or a tea from Taiwan.  When we go out for lunch, she makes sure to tell me if the food is spicy or not, as I do not eat spicy food.

I truly appreciate these kind gestures as they always compel me to pass it forward.

Knowing her made me crave to be kind, to be considerate and to set aside differences.
I am thankful for her for all those times. It made me feel, I belong, more than ever.

Now she is leaving.

And again, I feel sad, challenged even.

For where can I find a boss as cool and kind as her?

Time can only tell.


Thank you Sherlyn! J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend