late bloomer

I have always known that I am a late bloomer.

I’m probably the last girl in class to learn a dance step and master it after all have rested.
I’m probably the last one who appreciates Star wars now that it’s on its Nth episode.
(I seriously don’t know who Luke sky walker was and his contribution to the world that they’re living in.)
I’m probably the last one who enjoyed carbonara just because I was loyal with red sauce pasta.
And yes, I’m probably the last girl who falls in love…

Believe me when I say that I have never ever cried out from a heartbreak.
And I never have truly fallen in love either.

Someone asked me why I never had a relationship and tell you what, I have never fathomed the answer to it before. Not until recently…

I realized that ever since, my goals were always centred to myself. It’s more about pursuing my dreams and chasing opportunities.

I’ve had romantic experiences but none really succeeded because I thought, they’re in for nothing but a fling. When someone told me he liked me, I told him, I liked him back. But when he demanded that I stayed… I thought, why?

My priorities were focused on what I want to achieve. It was targeted towards me being successful and seeing the world. It was never about being with someone and committing myself to him in exchange for my being free-spirited.

I valued my freedom that in no qualms, I leaped even if it means leaving.

At 30, it seems clearer that I wanted to climb to the next level.

I am a late bloomer when it comes to love. And quite honestly, I am still in confusion whether I believe if love lasts completely or if it is inversely proportional with time. (I have my reasons.)

Someone told me I am hard to please but easy to love.
Well, I guess so. I am a late bloomer when it comes to expressing my emotions because chances are, my mind gets in the way and when my mind sets itself to something like leaving, I do it, without looking back.


I am a late bloomer but I believe blooming is all about timing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend