doublelife

I have been living a double life.

When I started working Papa told me one employee advice he knows for working perhaps, almost all his life… “Be professional. Stay professional.”

He told me that to be able to do that, personal life should be separated.

I wonder what it meant.

When I started working… I knew what he meant by the separation of those 2 aspects.

At work, I am serious, rational, and a bit more of a factory worker who follows exactly what needs to be done.

There are times when I wanted to be more opinionated and voice out my creative ideas but I’m afraid I’d get the boot if it doesn’t work out. I live by the rules in order to be SAFE.

At work, as much as I’d like to show them my goofy, nonchalant and chill side… I don’t think it’s appropriate because chances are, they might not take me seriously when I say something critical.

As much as I’d like my workmates to be closer to me, close friends even, I find it discomforting.
A workplace is a workplace and with work, more issues are prone to arise.
I am friendly but not too friendly to open up my soul.

I especially dislike going overtime because it diminishes my time as being the relaxed ME.

I am living the double life because I have life after work.

When the clock hits going home time, I transform into someone much relaxed and carefree.


I am a professional and my work ethics is solid. I want to play by the rules not because I hate responsibility but because I am just a staff who needs guidance. Without it, a company couldn’t be called a company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend