personal space, yes?

I have previously stated that Grown Women should invest on a personal space. Personal space is an important issue that we should not hesitate to talk about. Sometimes, when we mention about having to live separately from our families, people feel as though we do not have a good relationship with them. That is not the case. Having a personal space is important for growth, for independence and for getting things done—your way.

Filipino Culture entails that only children who are married can go on their own. Unlike American Culture where they can separate at 18, grown men and women should think about having a personal space as early as they can. Here’s why:

1)    You will have to be responsible.

Whether you like it or not, you will be forced to grow up and do adulting stuff. You will pay monthly dues, property taxes, maintenance fees. There is no choice left for you but to comply your duties as the owner. And to comply that, you need a job, a source of income. It would defeat the purpose of living separately if you still get your rent from your parents.

2)    You will have your own pace.

Personally, how I do things is part of my system. I cannot sleep with lights on. I need a blackout curtain and a noiseless place. I can sometimes bring in soft jazz to calm my senses on a day’s work. These are just examples of how I live my life. Some people may not get why I want a blackout curtain when I can have slides or cute muslin curtains BUT I am the one living there, it follows what I want. In your personal space, you will live a life that is entirely your own so YOU DO Y-O-U.

3)    You will have your own rules.

You can NOT WASH your dishes if you want. You can retain your old muddy rug. But because it’s your house, you don’t want messy and dirty representation of your own self’s extension. You will have your own rules and you follow by them at your own discretion. You will have this space as your haven, the comfort in the rain. It is important that you surround yourself with things that you like.

There are a lot of other reasons why living separately from your family even if you are single is preferential. It might not be the case for everyone but if you are just like me, I bet you’d want one.

I want my personal space to be stress-free from unwanted people. I want it to be my dungeon, the space where I can completely take off my mask and just let things be as they are. I am a big believer that to live a simple life is to live it away from toxic surroundings.


The personal space may take time because it means to have money. It means commitment because you have to pay it regularly but think about the benefits you’d reap. The sense of peace and independence is truly tempting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend