get there

Geeez!

And here I am thinking why my parents didn't send me to Chinese class. I'm an alien in a Chinese world. I do talking pretty much the hard way, I employ hand and body movements with matching facial expressions.

But thank you parents for sending me to a good school, I feel a lot better in English here. No doubt about that. I knew my English is better than them but the way they say English words are slang to my ears. Imagine a word without an "R".

One week here is like 2weeks in Davao. Here, very fast. I always forget time. I normally check the darkness and it's really hard to determine time through it. The sunset is late, 7pm is pretty much like 5pm in Davao. Imagine my horror upon knowing that I skipped breakfast and lunch then I ate dinner very late. Not good.

Life here is fast. There's no room for slowing down and walking in the park. Everyone is in a hurry. Everyone goes on marathon even in MRT stations. I can only imagine how it's like to be in New York.

My only distaste here is he smell. I get really crappy when I get to smell "chikadings", you know those black guys wearing dark colors with mustaches and all the hairs the human body produces? Self control. It takes a lot of guts not to pinch my nose to avoid their scent entering to my system. Forgive me for being too honest. Forgive me for sounding like I am discriminating races. It's not that.

Maybe it has to do with cultures. Filipinos are known for being bath-addicts. We do take a bath everyday. Feeling so gross the moment we skip bathing. It's that. I'm just accustomed to people who don't stink. And their stinking is way too unbearable. My gosh!

The building we're living is on the 12th floor. What I love about this is that it's overlooking and "airy". I like the feel that it's not of a clutter. It's minimalist and spacious and economically well-set. I love it!

Our bedroom is with a bunk bed with a single bed 'cause we are three ladies occupying the same room. It's pretty small with a window and two cabinets but I like it. It makes me feel homey.

Generally, I like SG. but cliche as it may sound, I love PH! For the moment that I am pursuing my dreams, I want to stay here. I want to create something out from this venture. I want to do things. I want to try new stuffs that I have the chance of trying. I want to break free. I want to be ME. Somehow, this will help me grow. I know it will.

I hope God grants me what my heart truly desires. I hope I can get a job that... pays quite well and would enable me to explore more on my individuality. I am confident.

But... I surrender it all. Lord, please?

Love,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend