tough

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

So true!

My friend asked me a couple of days ago, so are you now satisfied with the idea that you embarked on an unknown path, mindless of the things that you've given up?

Truth is, how can I answer that? The question might be wrong or is just too early, because to be able to answer that, I need much of an exposure. My adventure has just begun, I surely don't know how it ends but I know that I am proud about it all.

I have been living a life sheltered and protected by the people who love me dearly. I am thankful. I am blessed that I have those people with me. There's never a day that I didn't thank God that I belonged to the family I am in. But this life is so short. I took this risk to fully live my life. It may sound a little arrogant but I needed time and space to discover myself. To grow and nurture my capacity on an individual basis.

Others might find it absurd and just an act of pride but really, to me... it's important. It is important that I know where I stand. It is important that I know where I'm coming from. It is important that I would learn to maximize my full potentials.

Not that I am totally dependent with my parents or my older sister, it's more of a personal thing. It's like testing the waters and trying to weigh things, whether I know how to swim or just close my eyes and let myself drown.

Everyday here is a lesson learned. It is a struggle. I realized how important little things are. I once told my friend, "Hey if you wanna try if you can cope without the people you used to be with, then try going here" I dared him. And told me, He is scared. Nah. Life should not be lived in fear. But I understood him. We have different wavelengths when it comes to adventure.

My aunt once told me, you seem to be going easy with life. And I told her, like what? "Happy go lucky?" Well, it somehow affected me, it was as if I just spend and spend on everything I wanted to do. But then, in this life, what's more important, Other's opinion or my heart's desire? I am a fool if I'll be mindful of what other people's opinions are. I am what I will be. By God's plan and mine. Not others.

I am happy that those people who mean a lot to me understood this need that I wanted to quench. Regardless of what I gave up, practical or not, they have let me be my own person. I wanted this and prayed for this. God allowed me to be here so I am quite sure, He has a bigger purpose for me.

Coming here is not just a test of finances but a very test of faith. Remember my post about that rusty old jeep? Yeah that was it. I already surrendered my will to Him even before. Now, I am quite confident about things. Sure, I had this panicky feeling going when I was a week fresh here but I am slowly understanding myself and God's promise to me. I am rejuvenated. I know I am loved.

I am holding on to my dreams. I am a dreamer and I believe I will be that forever. I am holding on to a promise. I am holding on to my God because He is bigger than the toughest tests here. :D




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend