places...

Travel more…

Really, the one thing that makes me high, feeling like floating in a cloud nine is the act of travelling. It’s orgasmic to step into a new place for the sole purpose of exploring it and experiencing how life evolves around that certain place.

Coming to Singapore, gives me the chance to go to more places than I did before. One, the money is quite well. Two, flights are connected in Singapore as a hub. Three, I can always go wherever I want without having to worry about my parents’ permission (not that I am dependent to their decision, but it matters that they agree)

However, it’s a far cry from what I expected. One, I have limited leaves. Two, flights are super expensive and Three, I’d rather go home for a week than go elsewhere ‘cause homesickness get into my nerves. Sadly, I’ve more trips in a year back when I was in PH than I was here.

And since I’ve come to a decision of putting everything in a halt, or perhaps, a pause… to figure out my real passion, I have booked myself into a series of trips until I’m home-bound for good. Notwithstanding my thoughts of saving up for the future, I am claiming my present. My present is a gift and therefore, should be enjoyed. Yes, I’ve got a cumulonimbus cloud hovering above my head, but what’s there to fret anyway? I am quite sure, it’s just not me. Whatever.

I am excited for these trips. I live to the fulfilment of my imagination. Seriously, I have been dropping my head alongside my shoulders ‘cause I felt really down those past few months. I realized, when you truly think that you are in the middle of hopelessness, a light comes shining through, guiding you to brave it somehow.

I don’t really care what my achievements are, or how much money I saved, or what possessions did I acquire in my stay abroad… I’ll leave it to my fairy godmothers. Or should I say, I leave it to fate?

Whatever. I am looking forward to happiness as a benchmark for success and not the praises that I receive whenever I acquire something or achieve a thing or two. Perhaps, I am getting older. I am getting sentimental as to what I truly want and deserve. I am getting focused on achieving the intangibles rather than the earthly things that define my status in the society.


Travel. Yes, it is a luxury and a privilege. But seriously, I would gladly trade a Prada bag or any luxury items just to travel to Korea, Bangkok or Cambodia. When all else fail, my memories of panic, relief, adrenaline, bliss and even arguments down those places I’ve been to, never fail to make me smile. ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend