settled



Are you free on August 2014?

I knew it! Friends… are tying knots. Of course, for the love of Hogwarts, I’d be there. I won’t miss a best friend’s wedding! Not when that someone you’ve known since you were both mud-bathed from playing high jump, tigso or Chinese garter.

How time flies so fast, the last time I can vividly remember of having my best friends complete was when we were in Freshmen College. Young, eager and has the world within our reach. Almost ten years have passed, distance made an impact. News of engagements, wedding without further ado, pregnancy without much deliberation and yet, another wedding flash before my very eyes.

I’m getting the hang of things. Facebook kept me updated with the latest relationship statuses. And at one point, I wondered, how come the only constant in this world is change and my relationship status?

No, I’m not sour-graping, it’s just a thought that I’d love to have a solid answer with. As with regards to my bestfriends, I am very much happy that they have finally figured out what they want to do with their lives, that is, being a wife and a loving mother at this point in time. I am happy that we have reached this point, albeit the stress of our professions and the demands of the practical world, love moved them to settle down.

A new role, a new life, a set of new challenges, a far cry from the younger version of ourselves. We now have quite a huge set of responsibilities.  I am excited that life unfolds too slowly for me. It makes me feel as if I am the last unicorn. HAHA

Kidding aside, If there’s anything, of course I wish all of them the desires of their hearts. Marriage is a big word. Far too many words are associated in that one solid word. It is a life-long commitment, something that’s too serious to be a joke. Or perhaps, that’s what I thought.

My parents always tell me, NEVER rush. Marriage is a decision that covers much of your future. You just don’t decide in haste.

And maybe that’s the reason why I never rush in finding a lover. It covers not just my future but my present, more importantly.


August 2014? I think I would be a full-time davaoena by then. ^^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend