vintage

1963 BUICK SKYLARK

So… I’ve been really eyeing vintage cars sold online. Not that I can afford, but it thrills me to know that there are still those old car models built at around the 50s or later that have been kept in the garage. Where else? Philippines!

(I am a huge HISTORY geek. Thanks to History channel for providing me interesting facts. I loved how time evolved, what happened back in the days and how come things are what they are now. Surely, it has a past, worth telling and knowing.)

I am awed at old cars. I saw one in Fullerton hotel. I did not get the model but I think It’s probably built at around 1920s. super old. The ones that have spare tire at the back. I couldn’t help but be mesmerized. Beautiful!

Perhaps… if I were 100x richer, I probably know what my hobby is. My friends would tell me I like boy stuffs, but really… it excites me more than makeup ands heels. Duh! Don’t get me wrong, I am not against these girly stuffs but I just don’t think it’s appropriate to stereotype WOMEN as having to be bounded to bags, shoes etc. We deserve a percentage in the woman’s population; those who love electronics, cars, vintage stuffs raise the roof! I am quite sure I am not the only one! haha

Anyway, I saw this car online it was painted blue. The rear doesn’t look a bit pleasing although the seats were so-so. Then I thought, wow! I’d like to have this car. I want to have a project car for which I would restore its grandeur slowly or perhaps to have me busy. Then I saw the price, and I was computing mentally, I thought I can afford it.

I immediately asked Manang how much did her car’s transportation cost from Manila to Davao is… she told me it was 23K but I found out, it depends on the model, the weight and some minor details. It’s possiblle! My mind went over excited, adrenaline rushed in.

I got too excited. I contacted the seller. I imagined a lot of repairs already. Perhaps, it would be a major overhaul. I’ll have it repainted in pearly white. And revive the wheels like those of an early American era. Fantastic!

I told my sissy about my plan and she laughed at me. Gosh! I am serious! I have never been so passionate about something, just now. Perhaps because, I know I wanted it more than I want anything else. I can imagine driving it around Davao. Cool ride, huh?


I checked my email again today… I haven’t got any reply. Awww too bad. But once I receive a bit of message from the seller, I’ll blog it up! Excited aren’t we? ^^



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend