limits

Damn you!

Seriously, there’s got to be a way to achieve a level of confidence about being angry.
And believe me when I say that I really don’t have that level of confidence. It’s always retreating to my peaceful rendezvous, where anger, pride and envy do not exist.

I have been a happy child; I don’t get angry easily or maybe, at all. I get pissed, yes, but the degree is little to nothing because I easily forget the reason why I am pissed in the first place. I always keep my cool and maintain a calm outlook because once the damage has been done, it is finished, and you cannot repair it by being vengeful. Karma always finds its way.

Coming to Singapore, it was completely new to me. I seem to get that the people here are more open, more vocal, more expressive about hate. I am not used to telling someone that he did wrong by doing this or that and that he should take the blame for the misdeed. It is completely the opposite. I get it why people become unhappy. It is a struggle to pull yourself together.

Here, when I do wrong, I should be able to know how to shield myself and take the blame. When I make mistake, I feel so stupid for failing. I am afraid to commit mistakes and even more terrified to take the blame. It is a vicious cycle of fear and uneasiness, swallowing you whole making you paranoid and worst, doubt your very self.

My greatest challenge in surviving the ordeals is to know how to express myself. I now get angry, vengeful and even hateful. I cannot contain myself from blaming and I have very minimal patience. Sometimes, I do remind myself that it is totally NOT ME. I am WHO I AM and not what other people expect me to be.

Although I now get angry, I still don’t know how to express it.  I do get frustrated because people around me can always nag me, but when it’s my turn to do so, I just recoil and remain still as if nothing happened, although I can tell, I am burning inside.

This whole experience teaches me so much about myself. It tests me about how well do I react to a certain dilemma, and swear, it is never easy. It’s always a question of letting go and staying. When things turn sour, I always think about my goals and what I want to achieve, and yes, everything has its own time.

I personally believe that when you know yourself and what you are capable, you are confident to challenge yourself to make it to greater heights. Timing is everything. We set a goal and put a time frame or else, we’ll get stuck to a phase forgetting the purpose of the whole journey.


I am holding on to my brand of sanity, and patience… yes, it has its limits. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend