Yorker New!

Stop spreading the news, I’m leaving today… I wanna be a part of it…. 
NEW YORK, NEW YORK!!

That song reminded me of a very sad memory back when I was in High School. Too sad that it attempted to put a crack on my ONLY treasure… my family.

When I hear about the song, I can only think of that fateful night in our living room. That particular night when I felt for the first time, the unfathomable emptiness. I felt as though I was transported to a tunnel with unending turns, going down from level to level of darkness.

But even so, I couldn’t possibly dislike the song in its entirety. It moves me in a way that I feel wonderful about my possibilities. I feel thrilled like a kid receiving her new toy on Christmas day or an employee receiving her bonus for the first time.

Or Maybe, there’s just something about hearing New York that provokes you to drift your thoughts into something wonderful. The high-rise, the busy streets, the lights, the coffee on hand… believe me, I’ve had these imageries far too many times with cinematographic effects. I just couldn’t discount the fact that I will witness any of these when maybe, someday… I will be in New York.

My someday might be just in a corner, who knows.

And I certainly wish I won’t be disappointed. As far as I’m concerned, I’ll be jetting my way there soon.


Of making my dreams come true, I’m halfway there! J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend