Is a many splendid thing

This might be a confession. Beware!

How do I see my self in two years' time? Well- traveled!
Ask me this personally and the same answer applies. Perhaps by that time, I've explored bits and pieces of Philly and traveled vast across Asia.

How about in five years' time? Jet setter!
Had my Euro trip, visit a city inside a city, kissed the pope's hand, visited remnants of old footprints, discovered wonders of basilicas and unfold history of ancient times.

How about in seven years' time? Expert trekker!
Climbed Andes, Hiked Kilimanjaro, Summit of Himalayas, or even reached peak of Everest.

Imagination much? Who knows! There is nothing impossible for a vagabond. Born and out in this world, taken as a playground for explorations and discoveries. There is no better thinking than this.

But wait, Why do I always associate travel with my future? Sometimes, I wonder if I'd be able to pull myself out of my to-be-where list. You see, I wonder why in how-many-years'-time, I've never mentioned about who-I-wanna-be-with.

I would constantly refuse if I would be taken as a man hater. I am not. I would earnestly disagree if I would be taken as a "chooser face". I am so not that. And ultimately, I would slap someone who takes me as a lesbo. Unless you admit you are a gay yourself.

It would be inappropriate to ask thy self what seems to be the problem. It would be tantamount to incapability. Nevertheless, there would be a point in your life that you begin to wonder, how exactly weird it is to be single and feeling singled out. There would really be a time when your friends seem to doubt you or your manner of keeping relationships. Hell, if I would know.

A friend commented, you ain't a bad looker, you ain't having a bad breath, you ain't having an attitude, how come you stay single? I would just laugh it off and tell her, how come good looking guys fall below numbers? how come fragrant guys become endangered? And of course, how come good guys seem to be extinct? Clearly, this is a matter of Economics. A matter of the demand and supply. Ceteris Paribus.

But absolutely, it is a matter of Chemistry, the reaction between two heavenly bodies, either they repel or attract each other. At twenty three my bigger question is, how come I haven't fallen in love with someone? There are boys here and there. Believe it or not, yes there are. Some passive and some active to try and catch my attention but how come I can't seem to feel the friction? the electricity? the spark? I feel that I am on the lookout for the kind of guys I wish to bring home to my dad and say, "Dad, you know, he's much like you, firm but gentle".



While it is true that Daddies serve as benchmarks for their daughters, only few daughters are lucky enough to find those qualities their fathers have on their men. And maybe, I feel that I am in a need to be in that certain group of daughters. I always believed that somewhere along the way, there is that guy who believes the way I do in reference to his mom. I believe that we are meant to meet and maybe get to know each other more.

The pressure is as high as ever. The fear is somewhat building up. The stress of thinking how time flies and anxiousness of loneliness accumulates. Childhood friends meet the partner of their lives. Classmates close with the one they adore. Friends in the process of woes. Family member tied the knot. One by one, even birds and flower horns together in the symphony of an ancient music. Everyone but me.

If I just have the power to change the hearts, guide the minds and bring together people, I would. If I just have the power to dictate my heart, long ago, I am committed. But I don't. I choose to stick in what I believed in, the lessons I've learned and the beliefs handed down on me as my guidepost. I choose to be single. I choose to be independent and free- spirited.

My bigger challenge is to stay contented and patient. I have to. I need to. If I want to build a good foundation for a special relationship, I should stick to what my heart truly feels. I dare not to be affected by the surrounding circumstances. I dare not to hurry for I know the best is about to come.

But even so, I admit I get to feel insecure and lost. I get to feel puzzled and disappointed. But what can a girl like me do? To live in figment of my imagination or to live in the reality that I am now in?

There is hope. I choose to be hopeful. In this world of open possibilities, it is not impossible for me to be caught in a tangled ancient rhythm of LOVE. Sooner or Later. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend