nothing but letters

There is joy in reading. There is this uncontrollable force that sticks you into a book, a magazine or even a piece of article. As for me, the more personal the article is, the more worthy it is to be given attention to.

Oh no! I'm not trying to pry or be nosy about anything, it's just that I admire spontaneity and candidness in a content. Maybe that's the reason why I'm hooked up with this blogging stuff. But even then, I had this habit of just reading anything and later on sharing it. It's like information dissemination right? A true job for a P.I.O.

A good friend waited for me at the school's lobby, I asked her why she's meeting me there and not at my classroom, I then realized that she's bringing a very beautiful bouquet of white with pink edge petals on it. It was so nice. I saw how overwhelmed she was. Well, that worked Mr. T!

Anyway, I was asked, if you were to be given a gift, not really that fancy, between roses and teddy bear what would you like to have? Teddy Bear. If it was from a future boyfriend? Do you like chocolates? And I was like, "Hey wait, are you an agent of someone?". She just laughed and said, "Dream on!" I was insulted (it hurts). But again I answered her, Oh I'd love nothing but... Love letters!

I find it very sweet. I mean, someone doing an effort writing down his feelings for someone like me. It's very traditional. It's epic. And that's what I love about these letters, time passes by and you still have it. And perhaps, it maybe too traditional but I'm a great fan of the traditionalist.

I have with me my treasure box A.K.A shoe box I had when I was 11. It had in it my most prized possessions: age-old pictures, ink-free pens, an old sash, cute items and yes, letters! Sentimentalist that I am, even the littlest piece of paper with a thrash-like appearance which wrote "Hi" was kept in there. For one good reason, it was from my crush way back.

And then of course the letters. Those of which would be from my constant writing partner, Yappy. As I read the letters, I just couldn't help but smile. Mostly, what's in there were dreams. The vision we had for our future, the flashback of life in years' time. And reading it after more than a decade, the feeling is still there. The zest is readable. And more importantly, I realized that we've lived the dream we had when we were typical kiddos.

The letters were vivid reminders of the future we want to achieve. When I get sad and confused, it's like a therapy. It's like going back to where you really started. It's like a guide, something you look into when you feel that life has coming into a blur. It renews. It revives.

Recently, I have come across love letters from the past. It's not as if it was addressed to me (although I really do hope that) but these letters came from World War II. Isn't it fantastic? I'm sure reading it is like a time machine that transports you to an era so so ages ago. I wish to read one given the chance but most of these letters are in French.

Anyway, I wish to receive one of these later on. I don't have standards on reading one. I am inspired by the movie Letters to Juliet. I hope I get to be one of the secretaries of Juliet and find my own Charlie too. Oh well!

But reading law books is a lot different. I must say, it's much more effective than a sleeping pill. 100 folds more effective. Kidding aside, learning comes from different sources but inspiration comes from different sources in one interpretation.

Well, why the long talk when all I wanted to say is that: Since I love reading, "I am calling somebody to please write me a love letter! Make it fast, Thanks!" :p

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend