few days

Few Days= Many Happiness

Now I know how it feels for most Overseas Filipinos arriving home after months or even years of being away. It’s never easy but it becomes a way of life.

Prior to my going home, someone told me, going home for the first time is the most crucial part. True but I can’t prove it just like that. First because, I am a newly overseas Pinoy and Second, I just went home once. So, I have no point of comparison as to the degree of causality.

Arriving home was overwhelming. I’m seated next to my fellow overseas Pinoys. We chatted about what we missed home the most, the food, the Saturday hang outs, the laid back life we had back then. I missed Davao City big time. I missed my family. I missed my friends and yes, I even missed loud horns on jeepneys.

And then it dawned on me, how long can I stay abroad? Even adding this confusion is my former boss’ statement: “Pre, you can stay in Singapore all you want but if you want a career here in Davao, it is very much wise to come back before you reach 27.” Whoa! It sounded like an ultimatum to me. Like I still have hope on a meaningful career after jilting this job that I have. Like I can still be part of the family even though I left it months ago. The statement is vague, I really don’t know which career she is referring to.

Then, even aggravating my thought is that someone from yesterday telling me, He isn’t for long distance relationship and that maybe I can do something about it if I want it to proceed. Whoa! Another ultimatum? And I was like, why would I do something about it? When likely, it is Him who should do the moves! LOL.

Anyway, I was mesmerized by my nephew, who I saw for the first time. All the more I felt the compelling need to just stay in Davao. While most of my friends are excited to their new adventures and perhaps telling me this is their year (2012) to begin their quests, I am feeling a bit spent out. I am thinking of ending my own adventure anytime this year.

You see, I really don’t know what my future plan about this whole thing is but I know I’ve got a place somewhere. Davao is given. So now, I am contemplating about things. I am not rushing up but I am keen about my time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend