kind...kinder...kindest

Kindness

Often than not, I am a witness that in this world full of complexities and contrasting ideologies, of broken dreams and harsh realities, people still remain true to their glorious claim of humanity.

It sure is heart warming to have received littlest acts of kindness every now and then. It gives me the courage to do exactly what I see. It inspires me that indeed, People are made Christ-like. To share, to give and to offer something without expecting something in return.

I have seen a video made for a newlywed, an advice of an old woman to the couple, to give and take but she visibly erased the word “take” and changed it to “give”, to give and give. And I wonder, the essence of kindness is really to give and give, never counting how many gifts given or love offered but to give with all your heart, no cost or price, just pure and unabashed giving.

We see programs on TV doing charity works. The act itself is good but as far as the intention, we do not know. Sometimes, kindness becomes murky. Charities become an institution to fame. I do not have anything against publicized giving but using needy people to rise to fame is something I am up resolutely against.

Truth is I lack much of that trait. My capacity to give is up to a certain extent and I account for what’s left to me. I do not expect anything in return but I see to it that I don’t get zero on my personal account. My friend once told me, “It is okay to give but it’s not okay to give your all”. I vehemently agree. May it be on the tangibles and intangibles, It is better to leave something for thy self.

I have been a recipient of random kindness even from the farthest of strangers. One time, As our flight was very early on our way home from Boracay, we hurried to ride the last bus, I asked the woman sitting next to me in the ferry, an alternative route to Iloilo (for which our plane will be from), the concern in her face was so deliberate that she held my hand and tapped my back after talking to the bus drivers that we be taken in since we have an early flight the next day. She bid farewell and told me to take care. The act was so genuine and so pure. I can never forget her and her kindness.

Even newly made friends who welcomed and ushered me around Cebu were simply amusing. From complete strangers to close friends from hours of talking. Strangers who sees you standing in the train, calling your attention to seat you, Former bosses who still reach out to you, Boss who asks what you want for breakfast, friends who offer financial assistance when you nearly lost your wallet. Such acts make up for the sad and lonely times. Such acts remind me to do exactly the same and return the favour, if not to them then to other people who need it most.

For now, I have more reason to open myself and give more. I have little ones whom I feel the need to lend my shoulders too and perhaps empty my pockets for. And when I grow tired and weary, I always remind myself that there are people, who in one way or another, need me and that, I know my mission is not to be their hero but someone whom they find hope with.

So now, Thank you to the people who showed me kindness. I may not repay you in fortune but in one way or another, the angels from heaven are keeping a list on the good deeds and reward may wait soon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend