weekends

How was your weekend?

Weekend is a breather for me.

With the neck-high tasks that I have to fulfill, I need a break. Not that I am complaining, but sometimes, it really gets the best of me. I'd find myself feeling exhausted and sighing heavily. I'd spend the whole week rushing for office and start the job immediately. Skip breakfast, I do not have much time. (I know it's a No-No!)

From morning, I'd check my emails, rush to create permits then monitor on documents. Phone line ringing continuously and clients chasing me for their documents. Can you imagine doing the tango and performing the background song too? That's how I always feel.

My job is as demanding as a nagging boyfriend who can't seem to get more of you.

Lunch came and I'm salivating for food. I'd be starving to death and I'd decide to go out for change of environment. I feel so suffocated breathing in and out documents, humming and hearing loud noise from clients and bosses. Seriously?!

To be honest, I never thought working like this. Super tired through out the day yet I need to extend time to do more tasks for tomorrow and yet when I head home, I have to make my dinner.  Gone are the days when I seem to take things lightly and coming to home-cooked meals with my mom and dad asking me how my day was. I missed it really.

The decision I made is a tough one, the choice I choose, I never really expected to be like this. But as a true chivalrous soldier, I remain. Why, because… well, I choose this and I must stand by it. For now.

Sure I can ditch it, whenever I want. But I realized that life is never like a roll of tissue paper wherein I can throw it just because I hate it. Sometimes, we need to endure because it helps us learn. It serves as an exercise for major tasks later on in life.

Believe me, there's never a day that quitting never occurs to me. It's a regular idea, something that I am getting used to. But no, not now. Not yet.

But if there's anything, I promised myself not to suffer so much. When life gives you lemons, my sister told me "squeeze it on horrible peoples' eyes, so they know how painful it is" haha.

As much as the weekdays swallow me whole and leave me breathless, I am thankful of weekends for it revive me as a hopeful person. There is always sunshine after the rain. There is always fridays after horrible mondays.


 I always aim for greater days ahead. So weekends, I love 'em.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend