crazy high

Who gets over high school?

So I came across old notes dated 5 years ago, with me tagged and the rest of my high school peeps. As usual, the thread goes up to 60+ comments. Comments ranging from teasing to accusing. haha

These are people who I've grown up with. People who might have witnessed my first tagos over my first mens, first crush, first date, first heartbreak, to name a few. These are people who have seen the cries I made because of what seemed to be the greatest panlalait ever recorded in my entire life or who have heard my loudest laughter because of my political victory (student government). haha

And as I look back, what am I best remembered in high school? Ha! I feel like I was not on the safe side. Not the ones who'd stay silent in a corner, or the one who gets busy at the library, or the one whom you can count on to give you lengthwise, crosswise, whatever-wise paper the teacher requires. I was not the one whom classmates would like to share their problems with or be alone with for some serious sharing. I belong to the other side. The loud, laughing, bullish, fun group. We are the life of the classroom.

It's true, when you look at someone, you cannot separate the personality she has way back when you were classmates. When friends get together, I am still the animated, loud and funny girl that I used to be, with a tweet handle "message relay" as my crown. It's not that I am not that girl anymore but I have been tamed in a careful fashion through time and experiences. It amazes me that I am still labeled as what I used to be after years of being apart. I don't know, so much has changed and I'm afraid, I'm leading a quiet life now. haha (murag ex artista lang?)

When I think about it, I hope I have not made such a lasting impression as a bully because at one point, I have been quite harsh. haha. You know when you are young and stupid, the ideas are too fresh to deter and the mouth can speak volumes to keep up with the crazy mind. I may have wounded and left a scar at someone's heart that I might have no clue about... after all these years. Ganun.

In one way or another, who we are back then may not be who we are today. There might be quite a few signs from the past but it's different now. Although time has shaped us for what we are today, we always look back and see the shadows of the past. I don't know if it's a big deal but one thing's for sure, friendship in high school is what remains.

Personally I am not yet over High school. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend