law of the jungle

Survival?


I have been hooked with a Korean Variety show that showcases celebrities in an uninhabited island, making their shed and finding their food. The show is much like the famous “SURVIVOR” show in the US.

I am amazed at how people try to survive despite the weather conditions and the lack of resources. In one episode, the guests’ bags were hidden from them as soon as they have arrived. They need to survive for 24 hours from scavenging garbage washed ashore and remodel what they can find for their daily purpose.

They have wandered around the island, finding broken electric fans, goggles or unmatched slippers. They have surveyed the dense forest and even encountered king cobra. They found coconuts and made food from it to fill their stomachs. They have repurposed the fan screens to become a hunting tool to catch fishes deep in the ocean.

While watching I wondered how God has made the world so full and enticing at the same time. The gifts of nature never disappoint. While I have this thought lingering on, it made me realize of the gifts of men as well. We are born to adapt to changes. We are born to toil the land, to hunt, to prosper. We are born to pursue, to wander, to use anything for a greater advantage. We are made special. We are favoured.

Nothing is impossible. Nothing gets done without taking a step and pursuing it till the end.

The world is a denser forest to live in. It is a jungle of wilderness and possibilities. It is a world full of struggles and obstacles but the hunter can never be successful without taking the first step to be in the jungle. The hunter needs to aim for the target, to focus and to understand that while conditions can grow harsher, he can only depend on his skill set to make things happen.

With this in mind, I feel that the world is teaching me to persevere and to see to it that while some of my pursuits seem to be futile, nothing is more disappointing than having no action at all.


It is amazing how this show affected me. Who would have thought that while they speak Korean, my mind speak to me in the same way that my heart does.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend