masko!

Family Affair!

Funny how my company party turns out to be a family affair. From my fab dress to my unique mask, everyone's just too busy for it. It's not as if I'm complaining instead I am delighted and grateful to know that everyone is helping me out.

So, the party is like in two days. There goes my black dress shining like a black horse's hair. There goes my shoes(my gosh! I'm not so sure if I'd be able to carry it very well), there goes my mask (It did not hide anything), there goes the accessories, oh I forgot, I haven't got any yet.

Anyhow, I am excited for Saturday's event. I'm not so sure if I'd be looking like a gossip girl coming out from the elite society of New York City, perhaps, I'd just be one of the crowd, normal looking, not so pleasing, not so pitiful. I'd just be me. lol

So yes, my good friend bought her mask in SG. My other good friend made hers and it looked really nice. (remember the girl I told you? The one who I was with in the textile department? with her own concept? It's her). My mate told me that it could've been easier for me if I just bought a ready-made mask, she should know, I am creative by heart. I do not intend to buy because I know I can make it.

Funny how I thought seriously about my concept. I had my way of knowing specifically my materials. It's DIY to the highest level. I slept at four in the morning to do my first mask and decided to undo everything a week after. I have revised my mask three times! And the final output...hmnn for me, it was still unsatisfactory. Boo!

My friend laughed when I told her that my mask did not come as expected. I just wasted my time, effort and money lang daw. But seriously speaking, I have no regrets. I mean, it is such a pleasure to work with thy two hands, with thy brain cells on its active mode and with thy judgment to be reasonably followed. It is only in these kinds of activities that I feel satisfaction, that I feel worthy, and that I feel I can do something extraordinary from the ordinary.


And that led me to the point of realization that I want to be in the creative field. I want to be an architect, an engineer, a designer, or even a simple mananahi. I want to achieve something. I want to see outputs. I want to build concept and make it material. I want to produce and I want more of it.

To top of it all, I want to be a dancer, a professional one, the best in town! lol The irony of aging is that, when you already want to resign from the things you normally do, or says goodbye to those stuffs, it comes right back to you, trying to persuade you, knocking you off so you won't be able to say no. I felt as if this was the start of my dancing career.

Almost three years ago, I got hired, prior to that, I don't do dancing as I am flawed in this field, but the moment I stepped in to this job, there's always this chance of letting me join dances. It became a habit and now it made me think, I must've been a dancer in my past life? YES! lol

But yes, I appreciate how my OLDER sister got so concerned with my look on Saturday's event that she bought me a dress, asked her classmate (in FIDA) how to sew a balloony skirt and voila! called me and instructed me to rush home for my outfit and as soon as she was about to sew my dress, she got fumed and lose the patience, called pop and asked him to come home... the next thing I knew, Pop created my balloony skirt while Mom, as if in spectacle checked every hemline while KR was supporting OLDER sis.

You see, that's how things work in our home. One party can become a party of everyone. So panu, sana man lang may pagkain akong ma bring home? or cash prize kaya? para man lang macompromise ang effort as a family affair?

HMNNNN... pwede! :))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend