flashback

Nobody cares about any body.

(In a good way)

There have been a lot of changes. Looking back, all I can see is growth, I won’t mind deterioration (if there is). From that awkward teeny weeny boppers to confident, purposeful members of the society…

I lurked around facebook last night and was able to view profiles of different school mates, from those who sat down silently, naïve and passive students, now confident, aggressive and loud mid-adults. From the nonchalant, disturbing and almost detrimental people I knew back in the days to now formal, corporate people. From the hyped, energetic and brainy girls and guys to now more hyped and sophisticated ladies and gentlemen. Wow!

This facebook thing helps us see the development in people. Like this one fellow I knew back in HS, he was the usual timid, shy and “corner seat” guy. Oftentimes, I see him holding his hanky to his mouth, smiling whenever someone teases him. He’s this mate you’d probably gang up with his fellow silent-types. Guess what? Just right after college (or before graduation, not sure), he got a baby. He’s now sporting a long hairstyle with flipping ends, riding a motorcycle and vocal (errr..typer) enough for me to know his whereabouts, his marriage, his business, his hobbies (why, he’s online almost 24/7)

Shocking at some point right? Then there’s this somebody I knew who’s loud, bothersome, almost always teamed with the big bullies. (I can say he’s really shy deep inside. I think he was grouped up with his peers because deep inside, he felt he was secured from outside bullies) He’s now a confident, secure young man, with a wife-to-be.



Of course, there were those who found the loves of their lives abroad, there were those who have kid/s now, those who have built their own houses, got their own dreams. Some chasing after theirs, some idle, some slowly coming out of their shells, some happily engaged to their businesses, some consistent with their preoccupations.

And as you look back, they were almost necessarily the ones whom you find no interest in (sorry, this may sound harsh), they were those who were never sure about where they will be after HS, also, they were the ones who live up to their stature, those who felt secured and confident about their future.

I find it amazing. This life is surely not guaranteed to anyone. This life is an ultimate roller coaster.

And as for me, I learned that in order to continue with this voyage, one should not care about what other people might think. I remain to be one of those who still are in the process, in transit of where I’ll be. I am one of those who are just so ready to plunge in to life, almost there but… not yet. In time! :D


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend