bee day

Age is just a number…
… And so is the waist line! ^^

What to do on a birthday far away from home? Easy!!! But what if, you are solo on your birthday? (the heck!)

For the first time in my existence, I have gone solo for a day on a birthday! Here’s a fact, I never remembered going to office on my birthday. I always take some day off to celebrate and be stress-free on a special day. Hmnn.. most especially here, why?

Would you imagine yourself being yelled at? Would you imagine yourself being told of the errands, left and right? And would you imagine yourself feeling as clueless as you are sedated on your b…irthdaaaay? Thanks but NO THANKS!

So I took a day off. My initial plan really was to wake up at 10AM, laze around, do my week-long laundry, handwashing my underwears etc. (sounds so lousy for a birthday right?) So ang lola mo, changes her plan, I told myself, “dai, do that and it doesn’t make any difference over an ordinary day off!” so I hurdled myself to go somewhere new, or perhaps have fun kahit alone. (‘cause my friends are working their arses off)

I told myself, Kaya ko to! Last year, I conquered Cebu all by myself so this should not be an exemption, so I booked a ticket and kabooze to Indonesia! (No, scratch that. I did not) I booked a ticket for a cable car, and lucky enough it entitled me to visit a new place. It is called the highest point of Singapore, the Jewel Box at Mount Faber.

The sun was just like me, scorching hot. LOL but that did not stop me from going farther the place. I had to stop in the middle ‘because the feet are aching and just when I needed a bench, I saw a glorious place with the smooth breeze fanning gently against my face. One word: Serenity.

But it was short-lived there were other tourists coming over and they were annoyingly noisy. I took a few shots and headed to their Iconic restroom and it was… REST room. It looked like a paradise, the wall in the seemingly “receiving area” is glass and from there you can see part and parcel of Singapore plus, Airconditioned pa! I thought I could live there, didn’t feel like a toilet at all, may couch pa!

Anyway, we were supposed to party at Avalon later that night but iba na talaga ang nagkakaedad, I suggested that we go home as tomorrow is another busy work day. Boo! But then again, iba talaga mag birthday na hindi kasama ang pamilya, it was quite depressing and lonely and blue because I tend to compare my previous birthdays against the present.

And yes, when I opened my facebook page, got surprised, I received 100++ greetings! It will take me half day to like and answer back, I appreciate the effort really. Kahit simpleng Happy Birthday lang, I get sentimental because even though I am battling loneliness with indulging to new experiences, when I looked at people who are so familiar, it makes me feel like I am home.

It feels good to know na may nag eeffort din magsend ng SMS from Pinas and even someone asked me what I like as a present, asked my address and told me he’ll ship my gift all the way from the Philippines. Touched naman ako.

Basta, THANK YOU. ONE MESSAGE is kindness magnified, MEANS A LOT TO OVERSEAS PEOPLE like ME! =)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend