cranberrists

Do you have to? Do you have to? Do you have to let it linger………..

WOW! As in like capital W-O-W!

Went to CRANBERRIES Live in Singapore concert two nights ago, and it took me by surprise.

Years passed and they’re the same powerful band. They’ve grown with time but the talent is so present, it feels like yesterday.

Dolores, the vocalist was familiar to me since I was 16 years old or lower. My cousin had a crush on her and would play Zommmmbiiieee almost everyday, and during that time, I am not into that song. I just felt it’s a lame song about the scary zombies (you know how things are for a teenager, if we don’t like it, we switch it) and then years passed, I seem to have that song as a remembrance of my childhood, so even though I didn’t liked it, I’ve grown to love it.

Anyway, the opening song was Dreams, it got us three- A, J and myself, really giddy. I shouted like a teenager in bloom. I kept singing while taking photos and videos of their performance.

I was transported to a new world when they sand Ode to my family, which by the way is my most favourite song from their album. I don’t know, that song, reminded me of my family each time. I haven’t really gone deeply with its lyrics, but it feels like I am speaking to them. I was super hyped; I had to stand when that song was played. If I hadn’t brought my 1 week old camera, I would really use my hands to emote more for the song. haha

Then new songs from their new album were played, it’s good but unfamiliar, so I took the time to observe the people around me. There were those going in solo. Imagine that?!

There’s this guy, I had my gaze on, and he was seated on a solo seat with the railings as his neighbour and an isle as his friend. He stood up for almost the whole duration (am not sure if he ever sat down). He just went clapping his hands, with his long-sleeved rolled to his elbows. Amazingly, he didn’t care at all. He sang loudly, and take note; he knows the lyrics of every song. He was relentless and goes along with the rhythm, dancing gently and eagerly participating. What a dude!

When Linger was played, we all stood, A and I were just jumping our hearts out while J was taking a video out from us. We were so giddy, we giggled and laughed. The feeling was so heavenly. I never cared, I just sang as if it was me who’s on stage.

We were like little girls who saw Barney or Barbie for the first time. We kept in standing and waving our hands up the air.

So now, Lady Gaga are you next??

Officially, I love concerts!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend