Help me God

Family used to be too big a term and too deep to analyze. Friends used to be fixtures. Love used to be a game of constant tragedy.

 I’ve grown up.

 I guess this has to do with all this independent living. The more you get far, the more you realize how valuable each person is in your life. Back then, I was just used to having them surrounding me. At present, what fill in most of my lonely times, are the memories.

 No, I am not being ultra dramatic about this whole thing but it is in this time of my life that I’ve learned to assess what I have and what I am most happy about.

 A and I had our usual discussion, mostly about whining about our situation. Then she told me, “too bad, we can’t be each other’s support now ‘cause we both feel depressed” And I told her, “You know what, let’s put it this way, our experience here is not at all bad. In fact, we’re one of the lucky few ‘cause we get to experience life. One day, when we get home, I am so sure we’d had a good laugh out from this experience” And most probably, that got the two of us smiling.

 I begin to wonder, is it just us? I mean, I got friends scattered all around the world, and they’re cool about it. In fact, they loved it. And here comes the two piglets, moving in to SG but wanting to move back. Is it just us? Are we not contented? Or maybe, what we have is a culture shock. From the comforts of being home to the hassles of being independent.

 I just don’t get the big picture. What’s my purpose? I seem to have lost my goal why I came here in the first place. You see, I have this huge drive to achieve my dreams, I am known to chasing them. But now that I’ve achieved quite a number of them, I seem to have lost the focus.

The reason why I became down for a couple of weeks is the thought about my next plan.

 At twenty five, I just can’t afford to be tambay. At twenty five, I can’t afford to be staying home, watching tv and look like a rug all day. Most definitely, at twenty five, I can’t afford to ask money from my parents!

 So help me God.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend