why fret


Envy.

Envy is a vicious mental sickness that brings nothing but self-pity. It turns a person into a monster, lowly and pathetic.

Life is never fair. (Cliché as it may sound) Alright not that I am not being bitter, just saying, it is a fact.

While I feel so blessed, sometimes I feel that I always come second-best. I don’t get the gold; I just get the bronze or the consolation prize. Sometimes, I am driven to feel envious of people, who get what they always wish, grab what is always best, sometimes, of more than what they deserved. (in my assessment)

But who am I to complain? Who am I to be green and feel envious of other’s success or blessings? That would make me nothing but a creepy lil psycho who aims too much, selfish and brute.

The challenge I am facing is the challenge of survival. Sure, I can lament, why can’t I get the things that I want, I can ask “why” for a million times but will that make me any better? My bigger challenge is to accept things as it is.

I have learned that the world does not revolve around a persona like me, the earth is vast and so as its needs.

I am learning to accept things that I cannot control.

Because in this lifetime, it doesn’t matter how much wealth you’ve accumulated, it doesn’t matter how plenty of people know you, it doesn’t matter how far you’ve come to the ladder of success… Life is more than that.

What matters is the ability to thank God for every blessing, ability to share even the littlest of things and the ability not to expect something in return.

If I just take a little closer, What I have, Who I’m with, Where I am, I know someone out there is looking at me and telling herself, “Oh, this girl’s so lucky!”

So why fret? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend