artist-a

What do Heart, Solenn and ME have in common?

BODY!!! (I know rite! lol)

But sadly, the buzzer would go really wild enough to make me deaf…

So OK, OK, I concede. It’s… PAINTING!

Charot.

I have this thing for painting. It relaxes me, it calms me. It provokes my creative thinking.
I have always loved painting. It’s a form of expression, an abandonment of the realities and swimming with the strokes.

Am I OA? Maybe. OA to describe how I feel about it but that’s the thing about loving your craft, you just do it with excessive amount of liking. Haha look at Einstein? How did his hair became pseudo-electrocuted look? Because he was too busy solving problems in math, for your sake, let math solve its own problems! (Albert might come from his grave to get back at me, wag naman!)

Enough about comparison, what I’m trying to say is that, I have been a curious looker at paintings and I’m just glad that I’m doing it slowly now. I used to do painting, my materials were not much, just tira-tira acrylic from our house paint, I’d just put a bit of thinner to make it less sticky, my brush is that for a wall , then my canvass was the tabla my mom used to keep for the labada. I painted on it and she was fuming mad. Why, because she lost her tabla and it’s palo-china! Haha though I got her approval in one of my paintings… I was so proud I painted our wall.. it goes “POST NO BILL” .. errrm… atleast! haha

One time I remembered, I bought painting materials from Alemars, it was ON SALE because the tube paints were bit dried and the tubes, some got defects, wouldn’t pass as a normal priced item. So I bought it and tried it at home, I was not happy. I promised myself to engage in painting, when I have the means to do so. The canvas alone would cost me a hefty amount of money and I am just a beginner, practicing with far too many errors. I cannot afford to buy a whole lot and throw it just because it did not turn out the way I imagined it to be.

So now I’m doing watercolour. Why watercolour? Because it is the cheapest platform for a beginner. Plus, I can easily turn a page of my sketch pad, if it didn’t turn out right. I also love that I can manipulate colors through water, the thickness and the textures, it works fine with me.

I intend to practice more. To paint more explorative designs. I find portraits and landscapes really hard to do as I do not have a proper training, not even one of the art classes. I am just painting for passion. Letting my gut feel dictate how I manoeuvre my stroke. Letting my eyes see how I like or hate it. Plain and simple.

Someday, I’d like to upgrade to oil, acrylic and so much more media. I like to explore this creative side of me. It is one of my wildest dreams to pursue a passion in the arts… although you and I both know it isn’t much practical as an option.

Either way, art is something that you cannot outgrow. Whether you had lessons or not, whether you were trained formally or are born of artist parents, it never really matters. If you love something that you do, you seek to be better at it. You try a lot of means to enhance your craft. Everyone is an artist in their own right, just like how you walk, talk or cook, you do it with your own style.



Seriously though, Heart,  Solenn and me, if not for the body, I think we have more similarities in the face too! Hahaha Joke! (walang kokontra!) ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend