rebellion

Travel is the purest form of rebellion…

True, you rebel in such a way that you follow your heart despite your mind screaming in fear. You take steps further, braving the unknown. You take your intuition even if it means to be lost.

Travel for me, is a therapy. The daily grind that I have to keep up is taking a toll on me physically, emotionally and mentally. Rushing for work, squeezing into the MRT, enduring long trips to come to office without being late… it’s gets tiring, adding to that is the fact that you are doing something that you always wish you’d want to change but don’t have the chance and choice to do so. Sometimes, you need to get away with everything that is so suffocating… even for a short while.

Friends are telling me, “oh, you are rich! You travel so frequently” Why thank you, it is my self-expression but really, I used to explain why I’m doing things the way I do but now, I just don’t have the energy. I’d rather smile at the thought because I am comforted by the fact that I am happy doing the things my way. I do not need to explain nor share my experiences just so they can get why I chose to travel than buy expensive stuff and post it in insta. haha

I do travel because I buy less of the material things. I am not into expensive bags, clothes, fashion props and stuff because my taste is bland and I can wear the plainest shirt and shorts and not give a damn. I don’t drink and have no vice to support. I save for “life experiences”. I fund for travels.

Admittedly, I get pressured by people expecting me to give so much more as if I owe them, and I find it odd for them to compare me, perhaps with other OFWs. I get offended by hearing remarks even indirectly, seemingly questioning my decisions in life, such as “unya siya, unsa iya napundar?” or “hala wala lage sya nakatabang sa iyang relatives?” Seriously, it’s a blow to the ego.

I have nothing to say anymore. I do not need to explain why. Nor justify my actions.

I have nothing against people who ask, it’s better than stealing. I have something against people who make such hideous remarks, you know me, you’ve probably heard about the good stuff but definitely, you don’t know my story and you don’t need to know the struggles that I have experienced just to get to where I am.

But really…we often forget that if truth be told, a person is never obliged to help us, its discretion, and the moment that he/she decides to help is a moment to be grateful, not as if we are claiming something that he/she owes us. We People should understand that there is such a thing as appreciation, not expectation.

I do not tolerate people making me feel like I am deeply indebted to them. I don’t tolerate people questioning what I have become or what I am capable of. I plan to reach a point in my life wherein, I don’t really need to react, answer or justify any thing, I just would like to keep silent because I know myself better than what other people think I am. I don’t give BS to these people, these are the types who’d show their smiles in front of you but make faces when you turn your back.


Totally not worth the BS! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend