bestfriend's wedding

So Kimmy’s gonna tie the knot today!!!

WEEEE!!! I am so excited for reasons even I don’t know why. It’s just the rush of things. It’s almost December and the feeling of people coming together for an event, it’s something that makes you smile and hope and dream and… just be happy about.

It is one of those conversations in a sleepover, a get together, lazy asses come together and just share about future hopes, dreams and aspirations… and finally, today is one of the realizations.

We’re all grown ups now. Stuck in our careers, living in 4 different countries with varied roles to perform each day and now, we’re a wife, a mom, a wife-to-be, a bachelorette and a free spirited single soul. We’re not the toothy girls who’d snuck up to the 3rd floor near the toilet to devour a bar of Meiji Chocolate anymore. Although, we remain as curious and fun as we were, we have grown to be what we are today, women who take a bite out of the big apple called life.

And today, as K in KRAMP vows before God and the people to love the man she’s with for better or for worst, till death parts them, I realize that we are really a notch higher in the stages of life. Commitment… when you commit, a big part of you becomes shared, shelled out from the box that you’ve created. Marriage… a sacred covenant and it’s definitely on a serious note. What fun was, now becomes FUN with responsibilities, Fun with many attachments because you don’t just live for yourself, but your spouse as well and all your families entangled.

And as I imagine Kimmy walking down the aisle minutes from now, a rush of flashbacks came over me, a series of memories, the good the bad, the fun and crying parts… our childhood together… our barkada, how we were, how things have changed, my hopes in the future. It’s such a pleasant thing to be reminded of the little things back then as I am convinced that I’ve had meaningful friendships.


I know I’m gonna regret the fact that I was absent on her special day even with a valid excuse of work and a horrible boss who did not allow me to take a leave. I know that I’m gonna regret that I wouldn't witness this realization of an aspiration, perhaps a hundred times over and over again. I know I’m gonna miss half of my life by not being there, but believe me when I say that, I never really wanted this.

As much as I’d like, I want to witness each of my best friends’ wedding… since they are ready to brave a risky sector called marriage, by risking it all, it means that they are in utmost bliss to be with the one they love… that is one of my dreams for them, to be happy and contented with the love that they found and that is more than enough for me.


Congrats in you ever after, Kimmy and Dude! J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend