on disagreements


You get this feeling of humility when you let others speak without interrupting.

During my younger days, I thought sharing your mind is the thing. I get this familiar bliss of knowing that I know a lot. I get high in thinking that somehow, I get ahead on information.
I get to be a know-it-all in my own right.

But nowadays, I think that more than contributing more in conversations by sharing my ideas, I am leaning towards listening in what others would want to say first. And whether or not it fits my own idea of a certain topic, I seem to care less.

I learned that we can agree to disagree or disagree to agree.

I don’t need to conform because sometimes, the thing about right or wrong,  it is subjective.

Rather than defending why I like WHITE more than Black, I understand now that there is no need for it. What I Like is purely mine and I own it. I don’t need anybody to agree with me.

I have come to accept that we are born in our own uniqueness. What is true to me may not be true to others. I don’t want to hush people on their opinions because it is what they believed in. In the same way that I am free to choose and air what I think is correct.


There is beauty in diversity and the only way to coexist is not to silence people but to learn how to choose what to listen and what not to. And ultimately, learn something from someone’s passion in a way that assimilate what is unique to me. Respect is the key to diversity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend