7 year itch

It’s my last day at work!!


Wow! It has been 6 years, 11 months and 13 days from when I started working in this company.
Sure I’ve had my ups and downs, I invested my time and my youth, my 20s to be exact.
It’s been a roller coaster, love and hate kind of relationship. But I loved that I came this far.

I am someone who Is indecisive about commitment but when I do, I stick to it, no matter what.
It is unfortunate to leave a company who has provided me for the last seven years of my life but I see it as an essential tool for my growth. With that, I am forever thankful.

Working overseas and coming to a company of strangers, it was never easy. A lot of overseas workers go through the same struggle as I do, for sure and honestly, at times, I succumb to thoughts of feeling small just because I am different. I brave conversations wherein they all laugh at the same brand of jokes just because they speak the same language. I, on the other hand, don’t want to look clueless so I learned the art of smiling without ever really knowing why. God knows how I tried to fit in, and fitting in, I curl at my own hole where the world becomes mine regardless of whether they involve me or not. I found courage in voicing out my opinions in a sea of people who knows so much more than I do and share the same brand of childhood just because they live as “locals”. I found peace amidst the anxiety of highly being singled out and I found confidence in knowing that although I am different, I am relatable and that makes me easy to be with.

My last day reminded me so much about how I first started. How I awkwardly tried to learn as fast as I can and how I tried to understand everything as if my life depended on it. It reminded me of my struggles and the jubilation whenever I overcome something. It was a cycle.

This company contributed so much to my growth as an individual. I have learned and relearned so many things about myself. It was a push and pull thing, the fight of light and darkness. This company helped me gather my strength by giving me hardships and at the same time, helped me celebrate by giving me reasons to, as well.

I am leaving this company in high spirits and I am leaving this company bringing with me rich memories.

I am thankful to my boss for giving me the opportunity to work for him and this company. I am thankful to the people who has been part of my journey, who made me feel like I belong and who I have found friends with. It was splendid.

But above all, I am most especially thankful to God for always nourishing my spirit whenever I feel like giving up and pulling me back to the herd when I am slowly drifting away. Thank You Lord, you are always good.


6 years 11 months and 13 days, indeed, it was longer than what I wished for. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend