endure, injure


Endurance.

One of life’s little lessons while staying abroad.

Tell you what, there are so many reasons to just let go instead of taking all the sh*t this life is giving you. I would say… I am the type who doesn’t really fall under the patient and enduring category. I belong to the life-is-short-no-nonsense and if-its-broken-throw-it category.

 I have read a guide 25 things to do before you hit 30. Aside from going to a new place, what struck me is the item that says “quit your job and pursue your passion”. Seriously, who does that? Unless of course I am a daughter of a megamillion magnate.

I’ve known this since time immemorial that Life is unfair. Only the rich can afford to pursue a passion in the arts, why? Because they don’t need to grind to the office as much as mediocres do, perhaps like me and you. Plus, art (unless recycled) is costly to produce.

I have always thought of quitting my job, it occurs to me now more than ever. I feel as though I’m trapped in an institution where I am not expected to grow but to just get by. You may say I am an idealist, but how can someone refute my own emotions? My thoughts of home consume me more now that it ever was. What is truly important? Do I need to have more and end up spending less time with the ones I value most?

Through it all, I know I am very much blessed. I am grateful. I am super thankful that I was able to shoot a star, no matter how difficult it was. It’s true… dreams do come true, but along with it are hardwork and sacrifices you have to pay. It is indeed a grueling process of dusting off the dirt and making a brilliant shine.

I am planning to move back. Quite frankly, I really don’t know what awaits me there. Of course, I have gotten comfortable with the kind of lifestyle that I am living here but one thing I know, happiness is when I am with my family. Afterall, life is so short, why spend it miles away from the ones who matter most?


With that on cue, I would say, I have to endure some more before I have my great exodus. And while I target to a specific date soon, fate steps in, wanting me to back out and have it sooner. I am so tired. I am stressed and unhappy with the things I do. It’s like me getting into a dark tunnel again. And if truth be told, I am on the verge of spelling Q-U-I-T. I know it would be foolish, it’s illogical and premature. But really, endurance… how can I ever get an overdose of you?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend