Resident Angel


New House, new life!

So, we got a new house just two blocks away from our old house. The truth is, I was a bit hesitant as to committing myself for it.

I have my reasons. One, it’s quite far from the MRT. My previous house was just a four-minute walk away from the station. While the new house is about a ten-minute walk. I seriously hate being late but I hate getting up too early.Two, the new house costs a bit more. Finally, I feel stuck the moment I sign the contract for a new house. I am a free spirit. I just wanna go by my rules. I hate being pressured to stay just because I have a contract to honor.

My friend, A and I talked that I do not intend to get the house but the moment I saw the pool, I forgot my firm NO and had a firm NOD instead. I am a swimmer by heart. If there’s one sport that I’d like to excel in, I’d like it to be swimming. I once dreamed of being a national athlete, perhaps a constant in the Palarong Pambansa. Plus, the house has got its own gym and sauna. It offers bookings on KTV and barbeque pits. (FYI, it’s not ordinary to just have barbeque parties here in Singapore. It’s not like our own barangay where we can easily grill in a screen or even an electric fan window.)

I forgot all my other concerns and just went with it. My new hobby now includes cooking, (although it’s a thing that I am fond of, when the schedule permits now, it’s becoming a fixture), going to the gym, flexing thy muscles and burning some fats (hopefully) and of course, going for a quick dive whenever I feel like it. Am I living a healthy lifestyle? It’s something that I am struggling to achieve. Health is wealth.

And since the house is quite far from the station, I hope to save more by not going out. Perhaps, I’ll just buy the things I need for the whole week and go out only if necessary. ( Goodluck to me!) Now, I’m living in a new house, with new housemates. I would surely miss my former housemates. The people who made my year or so memorable. Because of them, I was able to endure cooking for hours cause while my hand is busy slicing and dicing my ingredients, my mouth is equally busy telling stories and hearing latest news. I’d miss feeling like a true-blue OFW by being glued to Ina, Kapatid Anak with all of us gathered in the couch and sharing hate remarks against majarot este… margaux.

It’s true that change is the only constant in this world along with taxes. But seriously, I think that the best thing of it all is the ability to grow. From knowing new people to realizing that this world offers a lot of goodness among strangers. The best thing is creating memories that maybe, few years from now I’d remember and smile to myself the thought that along the way of pushing my independence, I’ve met quite a number of people who made life more worthwhile.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship is spelled with END

how to get a band score 6 and up without a review center

Thanksgiving weekend